Thread: *#7370# not doing anything

*#7370# not doing anything

Hi guys/girls,

I now have a phone that when turned on says "System error" in a little window.

If I leave the sim card in I cannot enter anything using the keypad, it just keeps saying "System error".

If I take out the sim card I CAN enter codes using the keypad. I tried *#0000# and *#06# and both work.

I CANNOT however perform a hard reset using *#7370#.

What am I doing wrong? Isn't there any hidden small bush button to reset the device?

If I don't touch anything the screensaver shows so it looks like something small is corrupt or missing causing it not to boot up fully.

What can be done? What other codes can I try? If I can get it to connect via infared I can do a full restore. Getting to that stage though seems tough.

Version 3.16 firmware.

Thanks,

I got the same nokia say it will take two weeks repair.

Have you got a second SIM card on you?

What I did to fix the above is put a second SIM card in there (and old One to One) and the phone actually loaded far enough to let me reset it. You should try the same. You will still get the system error message but instead be able to do a hard reset using *#7770#

This allowed me to restore my phone to the factory settings then reinstall the apps. After that I made a backup of all the phone data.

Thread Information