Thread: Sec. code needs update

Exclamation Sec. code needs update

Hello.
    Security code "mod" for nokia phones (the way to make it and the program that can update it) needs an update..
    When you receive a message, you get a message like "x messages received" (i think, you have to check to be certain). When you get a message, you can access the messages menu without the code.. (just press OK when it says you have new messages). If i understand how this sec. code is done, then only the pointer for Messages menu has to be changed to sec. code and the problem is solved.. Also, could it be wise to search the whole file for the pointer to the message menu and replace all of them for the sec. code pointer (so it's 100% sure that the message menu can't be accessed any other way)? Or do some pointers have to stay.. Thanks

I think that only the pointers that go to Inbox and Outbox menus should be updated. 'cause the idea was to protect private messaging and not to prevent somebody of sending messages from your phone.

Another bug - You can no more set security protection for your phone (in case of changing the SIMcard). The pointer now points to the Messages menu....
    gone to Qualcomm-Siemens world :(

yeah that doesn't matter.. it's just a matter of changing the right pointers.. but you are right yes, if i think correctly, the "read new messages" (after u get a new message) points to the inbox.. but i would rather protect the whole messages menu, as i would like to protect the write message too (i don't want ppl to send messages of my phone), also the outbox too, so it's best to put it to messages..
    about sec. code that u can't use it for the phone protection, that's correct and it'd be pretty hard to correct this (probably copying the code to some free space and changing the pointer there and point to that sec menu instead of the one present, or maybe changing the code so it would take a pointer as a parameter and then go to that pointer when it finishes? i don't know if this is possible but it would be great if it'd be possible)

Yeah, if you think so....

About the pointers and programming i think it's rather the question to eleoson, or somebody else who knows doing it.
    gone to Qualcomm-Siemens world :(

yeah or nokdoc or someone.. could you PM them? i already PM eleoson, but i don't know the nicks of others..

regards

Thread Information