Thread: Complete newbie help requested

Complete newbie help requested

Having reluctantly used a Motorola brick at work for the last couple of years I recently purchased (second hand) a Nokia 3330.

Club Nokia informs me that the imei is registered to another person (for the life-time of the phone) and can not be registered to me, therefore I cannot join. This did get me wondering about changing the imei and what else could I do to the phone.

Having only the knowledge that with a mobile phone I can call people without the use of wires is there a good site/guide that can start me off?

And BTW how do I change to imei and to what? I've also ordered a data cable what can I do with this?

Most grateful for any reply.

Heretyc

Hi,

Let me say, changing IMEI's is illegal. That said, search the forums if you want to go down the route of changing IMEI's, there are guides written by people with a lot more experience than me. As for club nokia, as far as I am aware, club nokia is just an owners club and shouldn't stop the phone from working.

The phone should not work only if it is barred or needs unlocking. (Besides a firmware/hardware fault). If the phone needs unlocking (ie it is tied to a network ie orange and you have a voda sim) then this can be done free without a cable. Just search the forums there are loads of DCT3 Calculators out there.

Hope that helps

Dave.

Thread Information