Thread: C12 sim in non philips phone

C12 sim in non philips phone

Is there anyway possible to get the C12 sim card to function in another unlocked phone as it seems locked to the philips handset but id like to use it in another handset?.

C12 Sim

Did you get a reply as I have the same problem. I wish to move the Philips C12 Sim to my nokia 3210

bt cellnet used to lock their sim cards to the particular handset, especially common with philips c12.

only solution is to phone bt cellnet (now o2) and ask them if its possible, they will probably want to charge you.

Just an idea - would appreciate a reply if anyone has already tried this:

On the assumption that my C12 Sim is locked to my C12 handset, would changing the IMEI of my Nokia 3330 to the IMEI of my C12 mean that I would be able to use my C12 Sim in my Nokia Phone?

This would be really sweet cos my C12 handset keeps switching itself off all the time! I would love this to work as I still use the "Free Number" arrangement, and this means I have to turn the phone on whenever I want to use it!

Thanks in advance guys!

Hi,
    Try it and see if it works.
    post your results too.

Best Regards.

it wont work, if you just change the Imei bt u sim they do a network check when you power up phone it checks for the imei aswell as checking for th Imsi number this is what marries the sim to its original phone, read the sim card to fim your Imsi number then program this into nokia 3310/3330 using Nokia tool 1.8 by Rolis and do a sim lock

Hi. Thanks for your respone akhee.

Unfortunately, I didnt understand it at all. Are you saying you know how to get this to work?

Please could you explain it a bit more - I'm not too smart!

this is my theory but havnt tried it,philips C12 marry the sim by using a method Lock phone to code,when you power up C12 it checks a special password (GID) on the sim which must match your phone,GID number is also stored inside the phone so in theory if you could find the GID number from the orignal sim take note of it change gid on phone to match gid sim, if your want this to work with a 3330 you need to open lock 2 on the nokia, lock2 to is used to marry sim to phone then program the secret GID number to Nokia and change imie to original phone

Thanks for that Akhee!

Two questions:
    1. How do I unlock Lock 2 on a Nokia 3330? Could I do this with a datacable?
    2. Can I unlock Lock 2 now that I used this site (nokiafree.org) to remotely unlock Lock 1?

Many thanks,

CJMAN

try using S/W Winlock or nokia tools 1.8 yes this can be done with a data cable, you need to lock 1 and 4 before locking 2 or 3
    you need to find GID password or else sim wont work
    any ideas on that

AnyLuck yet

Thread Information