Thread: MID files don't play properly on phone!!

Unhappy MID files don't play properly on phone!!

The MID files I downloaded from the net don't sound exactly the same as they sound on computer. I tried to upload many MID files from PC Suite's Nokia Sound Converter to the phone (6610) but they don't play exactly as they are. For example I uploaded "Mission Impossible V2" to my phone but it does'nt even sound like any MI theme!!! Does Nokia PC Suite does not allow large and complicated files to be uploaded to phones?? I tried MobilMB but when I try to access the files from the phone it says "Unable to open file". What should I do?

you have to play around with the values in nokia converter it is a complicated game but you will sort it..most of the nokia poly phones only deal with 4 simultanious notes at a time and only a few of the hundreds of midi instruments you need to find out the number lables of the instruments that your phone supports and thier names and look at the instruments used in that file if they are ones your phone does not support then you need to find a midi file editor and change the instruments used in the file...
    HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE AND HELPS YOU A LITTLE !!!!!!

Ok, I am trying to make some sense of it. Where can I find the info about the supported instruments for my phone (6610)? Is there any such site available or any other type of resource which can help me out?

Thread Information