Thread: Repairing 6250s

Repairing 6250s

Ok. I finally decided to repair my two 6250s, which both are having problems with network.
    So tomorrow i will buy an hot air -system (actually, it's not a hot air -system, it's a portasol pro gas-soldering iron. Hot air systems are way too expensive...).

So I would be really thankful, if someone who knows about these things can help me to solve those problems.
    And good advices about other things that I should be aware of when doing hardware repairing are always welcome!

My first 6250 doesn't find network at all. Sometimes it freezes and you must take battery out to reset it. So what ic's I actually have to replace/reflow to solve this problem. It's not software fault, I know that.

Second 6250 is a bit more annoying. It will find network, and you can talk normally with it, but sometimes (quite often) it cuts the call and looses the network. Or sometimes the person you are talking to, can't hear nothing, but you can hear him. The question is same as above.

I believe that the phones are not water damaged, but i have spoken in shower with one of them (the second one) ...

Thanks in advance!!

Regards,
    TS

first, save your pennies and dont buy that gas tourch or whatever. it will not do the job correct, most likely fuck the phone forever

the first one could have any number problems, just search "Nokia no network" online to find solutions. really there is too much stuff to list as a reply.

the second one, i think you have a break in solder at the external antenna socket.
    on the back of the phone, under the rubber bung, you find that socket
    strip the phone apart (very carefull, twist slightly to "snap" apart the top of the covers), gently reheat the solder on that socket with a small tip solder iron.
    you should be able to see if there is a break just by looking

just as a tip to search:
    search in:

hagar ic
    ccont ic
    power amp (PA)
    antenna switch

Thanks for the reply.

Well, I'm gonna buy that anyway, cause it's useful for me. It's not really a torch as it has a hot air tip, and with this on, there's no flame like in torches...

I'm gonna test your suggestions, and hope i can get those phones working (they are real 6250s, not conversions..), but if i can't, there is nothing to lose, cause they don't work now anyway...

Regards,
    TS

Thread Information