Thread: "Insert sim" when battery disconnects :S?

Question "Insert sim" when battery disconnects :S?

Hiya,

I just unlocked my Nokia 3410 for the second time (the first time I relocked it to a new sim) with Rolis Tool 1.9, and noticed something a little weird.

I normally connect/disconnect my cable while the phone is on, but after the second unlocking, it prompted me to "insert sim" when I removed the cable and pushed the battery back down without switching off the phone...then after a couple of seconds it goes away and the signal shoots back up to full. Works fine.

The weirder thing is, if I do the same thing, simply without the cable...leavering up the battery to a certain point it pulls up the same message. Just interested in knowing wtf is going on :S. Have I mucked something up or...?

Cheers

Bob

(P.S. I haven't actually checked the phone with another network sim card (though I have tested with a different sim card), I presume it works network free since all the locks are reported open and it boots fine)

maybe you should try useing eeprom tools by B-phreaks v3.1 and click the pad lock button.

Cheers devolution, but whats the difference between eeproms "pad lock" function and the standard keypad lock on the phone (I use that before levering the battery)

However I think your signature says more:

'if it an't broken don't fix it.'

Bob

Your screws are loose at the bottom, but tighten them all just to be sure!!! If they're already tight clean the sim contacts with isopropynol or VCR cleaner works good too! If that doesn't work, open the phone and clean the sim contacts on the board with a pencil eraser, they'll be all shiny when clean! If that doesn't work...(sigh!) replace the sim connector with a new one!!!
    A friend will bail you out of jail! A true friend will be in the cell with you saying " Shit, we really fucked up this time!!!"

[B]Please visit the [URL=http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?p=162950#post162950]FORUM FAQ[/URL] before posting a question![/B]

I have noticed same thing, its because battery connection is not good. At first i thought that ist is a flash cable problem but then i made special battery holder for flashing. No problems now.

if the sim voltaeg drops below a certain level (i think its abotu 2.8 volts) it will say insert sim

i know this as my friend(you may know him as smeg9 hes somewhere round here) has a 6210 and the battery contact broke so i bodged it with some solder and a paperclip till he could get a new contact and when the paperclip moves the voltage drops and it ses insert sim then u shake the phone and it either goes off or sorts the prob

so check the battery contacts clean them and the battery then do as chunkhead said if niether of that works then i ent got a clue

Smile Cheers guys

(Sorry if any of you are gals )

Thanks for your replies, I'll give cleaning it a go.

As I said though it isn't _too_ much of a problem, it only happens when I shove the battery right up when it's on to connect a cable...I suppose I shouldn't connect it when it's on anyway!

@chunkhead - "Your screws are loose at the bottom, but tighten
    them all just to be sure!!!"
    - Sorry, you lost me mate, what screws :S?

@294taa - "i made special battery holder for flashing"
    -So, how does it kinda work? The datacable I have has a battery holder thing, but it still means raising the battery which means dodgy contacts I suppose?

Thanks again guys

Bobl

The screws that hold the phone together! there is 6 of them, they are black, 2 at the top, 2 at the bottom and two about 2cm above the bottom ones!
    A friend will bail you out of jail! A true friend will be in the cell with you saying " Shit, we really fucked up this time!!!"

[B]Please visit the [URL=http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?p=162950#post162950]FORUM FAQ[/URL] before posting a question![/B]

Thread Information