Thread: "Configuration Message"

Question "Configuration Message"

I bought some days ago my 3650 and one of the first things i noticed playing with its menu and settings was that i were unable to set up a valid access point for wap services and mms services.
    Searching tru the net i found some articles explaing that you have to contact your phone provider to activate that services.
    I called them, they asked me about my telephone model, and they sent me two special sms rocognized by 3650 as "Configuration Message".
    I saved them and magically the access points for wap services and mms were set.
    I tryed to copy that "special" access points but mms and wap still recognize only the two sent me directly by my provider.
    My idea is that the particular message contains a special flag that allows the access point to be listed or something like that.

The questions are:
    -Is there a way to reproduce such "Configuration Messages" to allow custom entries to be input in mms and wap configuration?
    -Is there a way to read hidden system files containing sms archive, access point settings etc. ?

It will be cool since to use my home computer as a bluetooth ip router i need to setup a bogus access point with no settings.

Thanks.

I've been browsing this forum for just two days and it really kicks ass
    Last edited by cha0slord; 22-05-2003 at 02:13 PM.

Thread Information