Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DCT4 Free

DCT4 Free

Can someone please help me, Ive set up a new free service on my site, however I made the software myself so its not very stable... I just want a few people to try it to make sure it all works ok???

I couldnt get hold of the server software so I had to make my own version, just want to check out any bugs

Thank You

could I get the source code to that. I am trying to setup somthing similar to offer people free.

Thank You,

Chris

Hello,

Unfortunately, its only a quick .net program I created its a little dodgy and I wasnt planning on releasing it so it really only runs on my machine properly... as the program I made relies on the locations of specific folders on my computer as well as the type of calculator I have installed im really sorry, I woulnt mind releasing it however its not that great and it wouldnt work as I didnt make it customisable... Also its the first time I used .net so the programming aint that great

Hello,

Since starting this service ive been getting a few emails about this so ive set up 2 new systems... both are untested and both where made rather quickly so I would value your input

Ive made too services

Option one, this is for anyone who does not have a webserver and does not have the DCT4 Calculator Dongle...
    Simply download the zip file, in it there are 3 files, edit and upload these to your site

header.txt - Do not change the name of this file... You can edit the contents of this file this is used to format the results so that you can make the results look like your own site... Make sure you dont use and " marks, replace all " marks in your html code with '

footer.txt - Same as above, however its the footer of the page

SampleForm.htm - You can rename this if you wish, this is a sample form to the DCT4 Server... You can edit the look of this however dont edit the form attributes... You also have to edit the MySite variable to reflect the url of your header and footer files...
    eg if you have your header and footer files in [url]www.mysite.com/dct4/[/url] then edit <input type='hidden' name='MySite' value='www.mysite.com/dct4/'> dont forget the / at the end and dont enter [url]http://[/url]

Thats about it, you should be able to use the DCT4 Server
    [url]www.nokiafx.net/DCT4Forms.zip[/url]

Option 2,

If you have a static IP address or your own webserver and you have the calculator... then you can use the software that I made, remember this is only a toy program I made in a few hours it may have bugs and I havent tested it at all. It uses version 2 of the calculator the one with the USB dongle

Download the zip below, this contains a setup program.. Install this program, you will need the .net runtimes these are available free to download on the net but I cant remember where I found them The program doesnt create a shortcut which is a bit of a pain but this is the first time ive programmed in .net and what do you expect for Free

Anyway once you have installed the program, you can edit the header and footer files and the sample form, this is similar to above, however this time around for the sample form you have to edit the form action thingie to reflect your own web address or ip address including the port number... leave the MySite variable blank this time

Once you have edited these 3 files then run the software...

On first run it should ask you to change the settings, it will ask you for your calculator location, the location of your header and footer files and a directory to store your log file...
    Once you have all setup save settings and the calc should launch itself

Viola it should be working, anyway its a little dodgy but it works pretty much the same way as the freegsm 50 euros version...
    [url]www.nokiafx.net/DCT4Server.zip[/url]

Gave it a try, was going to compare it to some unlocks I had generated. Looks like there is an infinite loop somewhere in the code. SockServ.exe keeps multiplying over and over until it uses up all avalible RAM.Never gets to the point of generating a code.

Oh well, nice to see someone trying to come up with a dongle free generator though.

Its not a dongle free generator... its a server like the one found on freegsmteams website... it still requires the calculator version 2.0 to run... (USB)

Try my site, to see it working... Its for all those people who wanted to set up a free DCT4 calculator on their own site...
    It uses this calculator [url]www.nokiafx.net/Calc2.zip[/url]
    Last edited by NokiaFX; 25-06-2003 at 11:04 AM.

Must be a little bit dense. Missed the dongle part.

Gave it a try on your site and was able to generate an accurate code for my AT&T 6200. Couldn't generate an accurate one for a Cingular 3595 though. Doesn't seem to be a selection for Cingular Chicago so that's most likeley the problem.

Good job though! Nice to see a free instant code generator!

Nice one!

But one question:

When i use the forms you made, i can change the footer and header, but i also want the mastercode table a little changed.

Is it possible to modify "the results" returned? I want to change tex color, and background, and i also want only code 1 + 7 to be shown.

Is that possible?

Im afraid thats not possible at the moment but I will add some css value things to it so you should be able to use a css file to change the colours, not too sure about displaying only 1 and 7

Why not just display them all and just ask your visitors to use 1 or 7... I dont think you can change the look of the freegsm version at all can you??? I dont know, I did ask them and never received a reply so not too sure...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jmdomini [/i]
    [B]Must be a little bit dense. Missed the dongle part.

Gave it a try on your site and was able to generate an accurate code for my AT&T 6200. Couldn't generate an accurate one for a Cingular 3595 though. Doesn't seem to be a selection for Cingular Chicago so that's most likeley the problem.

Good job though! Nice to see a free instant code generator! [/B][/QUOTE]

Happy it worked for you... Im afraid I could only add the mcc and mnc values for the networks i could find the codes for, I might however add a new field to the form for people to manually type in their codes for networks that arent listed???

Sounds like a nice idea. I actually tried editing the HTML to put in the Cingular network code, but it didn't work.

Perhaps the best way to do it would be to create a popup list of network codes, and on the form itself put a box to enter the code.

I've actually got a dongle and unlock software coming and am thinking about setting up a free website like you did. The one bit of trouble is it might upset my ISP.

It should be ok as long as you have a always on connection???

Not too sure about the pop up box but I was thinking about adding an extra field for MCC/MNC just in case it isnt listed... ive got quite a few people telling me about networks not being listed, I copied every network that was in Logomanager and it took ages

It's more a question of does it violate my ISP's TOS (AT&T). Right now I run my own mail server which they don't care about since it's low traffic. Have to investigate further.

Don't want to risk them cancelling my service. I've got no other options for providers in my area.

Cool, you can always ask them

It only sends and receives small amounts of data so it should be ok in my opinion but probably best if you ask them first

This free service appears a bit shoddy to me. I keep getting differnet codes for the same IMEI and network each time I try. I'm sticking with [URL=http://www.gsm-unlock.co.uk]GSM Unlock UK[/URL] , at least that way I know the codes will work.

over 900 people have unlocked their phones using this server since it was restarted last week so far no one has had a problem apart from a few that couldnt find their networks listed...

Im not too sure how u can be getting different codes, the software works with version 2.0 of the DCT4 Calculator and the codes every time ive ever tried it have always been the same... ive also got a few people that are using the server of their site and they have no problems so the only think i can think of is your just trying to promote your own site or something dodgy...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NokiaFX [/i]
    [B]over 900 people have unlocked their phones using this server since it was restarted last week so far no one has had a problem apart from a few that couldnt find their networks listed...

Im not too sure how u can be getting different codes, the software works with version 2.0 of the DCT4 Calculator and the codes every time ive ever tried it have always been the same... ive also got a few people that are using the server of their site and they have no problems so the only think i can think of is your just trying to promote your own site or something dodgy... [/B][/QUOTE]

- You must have a very sinister mind to come up with a farfetched concept like that. I am merely and private individual who occasionally needs to unlock phones for personal use. I have sed various services over the years (shops, online etc), and have found the best to be [URL=http://www.gsm-unlock.co.uk]GSM Unlock UK[/URL] . I admit I have only used them twice now, but on both occasions I have been happy with both price and service. I have no alterior motive here, just letting others know my experience.

- Now in response to your comments on the service you provide. I am very pleased people are now bringing out free services, but it is unfair to give people incorrect codes and use them as guninea pigs for the development of your service. It seems very shoddy and have since tried to get the same codes again with no luck, each time giving me different codes. What with the 5 attempt limit on most nokia phones, I find this a bit unfair of you and inconciderate. I ask you to address this, despite being grateful for your attempts, I urge you to test it privately before releasing a shoddy service. Just because 900 people have used the service, does not mean 900 people have gained working codes.

- Sometimes there is no substitute for a genuine service. Yes.. you might have to pay a bit, but you know what you are getting. Thats why I still recommend [URL=http://www.gsm-unlock.co.uk]www.gsm-unlock.co.uk[/URL]

My many regards
    Andy

Very suspect that you endorse a service you have only used twice... u even have it in your signature...

As the software I developed works using the DCT4 version 2.0 calculator which as far as i am aware is the very latest model being produced and is available on many many websites, are u also saying this is fake??? Could u please provide proof u are getting different codes as this topic has received hundreds of views and no one has said anything... We also use this same website in our shop and unlock many phones directly through the site for the shop and I havent had a single single problem with it...

Just trying to promote your own site arent ya if that wasnt the case and u suspected my one to be dodgy they why wouldnt u promote another site which offers the service free??? There are other sites who offer the same service as yours but freeeeee but your not promoting them??? Why not also there are sites like dialatonez.com which is completely independant from my site and they are using my software perfectly fine without a single problem, please explain???

How about this for a deal then???

ha ha, if you dont believe my service works, then u really have nothing to loose do u its free just use the service enter the code once, if it doesnt work then simply pay [url]www.gsm-unlock.co.uk[/url] to give you the same code however im a little wary of any website that actually uses a free method such as Paypal to take payment Cant be too large or have been running for too long??? Ive been on every single message board and my sites been going for over 3 years without a single problem or customer complaint... Im incredibly proud of that so I always tell everyone

Ive only done this to help people, a few people where interested in the server software when I made it for my own site, its not perfect but I just dont have time to develop it further, I made this topic because I wanted it to be released free now you are just trying to put down the things I have made and given away completely free just so you can promote your own site??? Thats quite low...
    Last edited by NokiaFX; 29-06-2003 at 11:16 PM.

Hi NokiaFX,

I used, your service, and codes was good for me.
    I think i will make same free server solution, because I have full time internet connection (384k/64k down/up) , but i have no dongle.
    Where can I buy usb dongle witch work with DCT4 version 2.0 calculator ?

I normally do sell them but I dont have in stock at the moment, I can get hold of one for you... In the meantime you could always use Method one with the free script???

I have seen a few other sites selling the dongles also but most of them are selling the older LPT (Parrallal) port dongles which is the earlier version 1 i think... Im sure there where some other links on this site though for people selling the new ones???

NokiaFX - you are a discrase to the mobile phone community. You are using people as guinea pigs to test your system, and issuing dogey codes. I am ashamed to have you as a fellow forum member. I hope you will sometime repent. May god have mercy on your soul.

LMAO, if anyone is a disgrace its you...

You put down and try to downgrade someone elses free service so that you can promote your own site... anyone with half a brain can tell you are affiliated with that site, so just cut the crap...

No one promotes a site like that so much that they have only ever used twice... so just stop all the lieing...

Also a little suspect where in this topic
    [url]http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27368[/url]
    You state you have your own codes calculator, so a little weird that your paying another site to calculate your codes for you...

Also found this little thread where you seem to be trying to promote your site
    [url]http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30366&highlight=www.gsmunlock.co.uk[/url]

"NokiaFX - you are a discrase to the mobile phone community. You are using people as guinea pigs to test your system, and issuing dogey codes. I am ashamed to have you as a fellow forum member. I hope you will sometime repent. May god have mercy on your soul."
    It is you that is a disgrace to the community, you are assuming people are thick and they cant see straight through you... I havent used anyone as a guinea pig, what I made I released for free and havent received or asked for anything in return... Your offering and promoting something that other people are offering for free just so u can make a fast buck, there are other free services like I said but you dont promote those just your own paid for site Your a disgrace and I hope you feel ashamed of yourself...

Also its funny how you dont really have much of a defence against anything I say... u just come up with stuff like that above... even when u said my service didnt work you didnt prove it in anyway, u didnt say anything about the codes or anything instead the whole message was aimed at promoting that other site...
    Last edited by NokiaFX; 30-06-2003 at 09:11 PM.

Nokia FX : Please do not attempt to take your agrression out on me. You are clearly a very angry individual who has been fabricating evidence to try and fight your already sunk cause. Many people have since emailed me privately to say they have also experienced problems with your service, so this is clearly a very widespread problem.

The only affliate I am to [URL=http://www.gsm-unlock.co.uk]GSM Unlock UK[/URL] is that I am a loyal customer, so I would thank you to drop your feable lines of implication. You are as I said before, a discrase to the moile community, and if I had it my way you would be banned from both this forum and any other forum you were offering your shoddy services.

It is blaintantly obvious that you are just offering this service free until you get it working, and then will charge for it. Also your website is crap, and needs a re-think. You are a sinister individual and I urge anyone with any doubts about your integrity (many people) to use a different free service.

I have no plans on making the service charged for... It will always remain free if it wasnt going to be then I wouldnt have released the software...

Your just talking absolute rubbish and have no real arguement

I have said many times that there are other free services available, anyone who wishes to do so is more than welcome to do so... I havent forced anyone to use my site, if so many people are having problems then why hasnt no one else posted anything??? The only problems Ive had are with phones such as the Nokia 3650 on certain networks as well as some phones which are already unlocked, im not using anyone to test my service, its free and will remain so... its also been running ok for a week now

Your also the one who seems to be getting aggrivated u seem to post a lot and are trying to annoy me a lot for someone who is not in any way really affiliated with that site???

With regards to my site needing a re-think, it appears as though yours is completely down
    Last edited by NokiaFX; 30-06-2003 at 09:56 PM.

My site ???? what are you talking about. You make less sense each time you post.

hey NokiaFX, I tried your site but those code doesn't work for me.

surprise surprise...

Which network are u on please??? Also which phone did u try and what was the IMEI number?

It might not work with some 3650's

Hello, Markest I just looked through your other posts

Did u try these codes, this person suggested please???
    [url]http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31297[/url]
    [url]http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31341[/url]

It might be that the phone has already been unlocked too many times or had the code input incorrectly too many times so the codes from the site wont work...
    Last edited by NokiaFX; 30-06-2003 at 11:35 PM.

NokiaFx,

Your site is really appreciated, unlike the sad attitude of others, and even after your site failed to give me valid codes.

I have a 8390, on Microcell in Canada (also called Fido). What MCC+MNC is your site using for this provider? The [URL=http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/net_cami.shtml]GSM World Association[/URL] gives 302370, but I've seen sites showing 30237 instead. Could this be the problem? My IMEI is 010093301286046.

Your site looks good; don't bother rethinking it.

Alex.

stop fighting here.
    i will be forced to close the thread...and to give some warnings if not.
    Bau !

NokiaFX, I used those code already and they worked. But then they are different than the one generated by your site.

Hello,

I am using version two of the calculator, the codes should be similar to those generated by earlier versions... the second digit is one number different from the version 1 calculator, however the codes should still work, however they might not if the phones already been unlocked, for example I unlocked my 7250 with the codes from the site, but if I try the same code again I get code error... because its already unlocked...

AlexMander thank you, that might be the case, I couldnt find a complete list of MCC/MNC codes when I made the script that goes on the list, so I manually just used Logomanager and copied each and every network listed in there to get the codes, however some of them might not be correct, also some ive been told are missing, such as I cant seem to find any sign of any Mexican networks... I have code 30237 listed for Microcell Canada, this could be the problem, should I try changing it to the other one???

Sorry Alinus, I couldnt help it, ive done this thing for free, I made the software and I havent forced anyone to use it, im receiving loads of emails from people who are saying the codes work absolutely fine, however this person is just constantly just trying to put down my work just so he can boost the popularity of his own...

Please, I am all for your work, and I think it is excellent that you are offering free codes and everything. However I am just concerned a lot of people are getting dogey codes, which is obviously a bad thing.

You work is good.... I am sorry if I sounded a bit harsh. If you get it 100% working working, that will be supreme.

But it is working... I am getting loads of emails saying it is working, the only difference between this version and the one that people are charging 50euros for is this uses version 2 of the calculator, that uses version 1... The codes generated are beyond my control as that is done using the calculator supplied with the USB dongle... The codes are slightly different to other versions as this one has been upgraded to allow unlocking of models and networks that where not previously supported... There is also a disclaimer warning people that they should not enter the codes too many times if they do not work... If anyone has a problem my email address is listed on every page and they are more than welcome to email me at any time

hey man, i used your site to unlock 30+ oldish nokia phones from my friends mom's work so you must be doing something right

lol, thank you

Dear NokiaFX,

Of course you should correct the MCC MNC of Microcell, so I can try it and tell you if it works!

Regargind these codes, you should look them up at the [URL=http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/index.shtml]Official GSM Association Website[/URL] (this link will show you a list of all countries; pick one, select network, and you will have the official MCC MNC).

This list if not always kept up to date, but MCC MNC do not get changed pretty often! For the US, you will see a list of all subnetworks that is quite messy. I would not rely on it too much...

Please tell me if you correct the Microcell MCC MNC. I already entered 2 codes, don't want it to lock my phone!

Thanks,
    AM

NokiaFX, I'm pretty sure that the phone I had is locked becuase I tried it with a Fido sim and it didn't worked. And stupid me ended up using all 5 slots and had to unlock it with a cable. I'll give it a try later with another Rogers 8390 and see if it give me the same result.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information