Thread: nokia DCT4 CABLE

Question nokia DCT4 CABLE

i have got an 8310 on orange, i want to ope it on all networks, so i downloaded a piece of software to put the phone into test mode (which works ok) i then tryed to find softeware that actualy unlocks the phone. i know its here somewhere because ive done it before, when i use JIC and change the compatibility mode it does open the file because of "a failure loading a DLL"
    i have no idea what this means? can ANYONE help me find the software. THanKYou

Try downloading the DLL it is asking for and registering it on your machine

You usually just go to Start > Run

Type "Regsvr32 filepath&name"

Be carefull with those programs though they dont work with some of the newer 8310's using a datacable, if you want your phone unlocked its easier just using a code generator... just type in the code, your phone will restart and the phone is unlocked

Unhappy Still Confused

OK i tryed what you said i typed "Regsvr32 filepath&name" but then realised the bit at the end, filepath&name" what does this mean? i also typed the first part of it (Regsvr32) and a box came up with alot of weird instructions in?
    can anyone help................

What i meant was whatever file the software is asking for just download that from the web, its usually things like commctl32.dll and stuff like that, sometimes the VB runtimes... just take a note of the file in the error message download it then copy it into your

windows/system32 folder, then do

regsvr32 filepath and name wherever your stored the file and its name...

which one?

how do i know which DLL im missing?

When the software displays the error message it normally says something along the lines of something.dll missing or not found...

no

its just says "failure loading DLL" thats all

Strange, normally they do display the file it requires... Not too sure which file to recommend downloading as it could be anything...

There should be some other free software available to unlock it, however the best way to unlock it isnt using the datacable as I mentioned this method doesnt always work with newer versions, its best to use a Flasher, Clip or Calculator

ok

ok, i have a cable so what do i do next? can i get software for that while using that cable. if so can you provide a link of where i can get it from.

Have you tried just unlocking the phone using the free calculator on my site please??? That would be the easiest and fastest option...

ok

ok, i will put my fone into test mode then use ur free calculator, where bouts on the site is it?

You dont need the cable or to put it into test mode... Just switch on the phone with no sim card then just type in the code it gives you...

The page is located under Products > Unlocking and Software Upgrades > DCT4 Unlocking

one more problem

i dnt no if i know the IMEI number,can i just generate a new one. and u say i enter it without the sim card in. if all this goes well i have spoke to my unlce and teacher and they are going to post your address on there internet site.

The IMEI number is printed at the back of the phone under the battery, u just type this number 15 digits without the /

Or you can type *#06# into the phone to show you the IMEI number on the screen

nope

ive enter all of them, the code is recognised when i press the last hash key. all of the code say "code error" apart from when i enter the first code it says "cannot undo restriction"
    help............

Please dont try it too many times...

Are u sure your selecting the correct network??? This needs to be the network that the phone currently works on? Are u sure the phones just not already unlocked???

Have you tried using the 7th code???

no

they all say "cannot undo restriction"

If it says cannot undo restriction then there must be something else wrong with the phone, as the codes seem like they are working...

What actually happens when you turn on the phone and you insert a sim card, as the unlocking you did with the cable might have done something else

it aint working

it stil aint working, cud u plz tel me how to find out wot DLL is missing and then repare it

Im afraid im not too sure, as there are literally hundreds of dll files, this program could be needing anything it should normally tell you what it needs however this program doesnt even do that so it could be any dll file...

Which version of windows are you running please??? try just installing the VB runtime files they contain a few common files which some programs like this require... other than that im afraid im not too sure

Cool Problems with unlocking 6610...

I've tryed to write the phone so it can't undo restriction with code... When it says can't undo restriction u got the right code but u've typed thre wrong code to many times... I've gott a 7210/6610 MBUS/FBUS cable, but have big problems with find software that actually works with the phoen... Most programs don't even get contact with the phone... Annoying problem... If anyone got hints about good software please reply...

Im afraid im not too sure about the datacable being able to unlock the phone, however if you could get hold of a flasher or a clip that should be able to unlock that phone...

Are you in the UK???

Talking DCT4 UNLOCKER

hERE,S THE FULL PROGRAM YOU REQUIRE,IT INCLUDES THE TESTMODE AND ALSO THE UNLOCKER CHEER'S BABS.

Thread Information