View Poll Results: What Operating System (Windows) would you prefer to use when running DCT3/DCT4 Tools?

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft Windows 95

0 0%
  • Microsoft Windows 98

27 15.98%
  • Microsoft Windows NT (New Technology)

0 0%
  • Microsoft Windows 2000

12 7.10%
  • Microsoft Windows XP (Any Edition)

126 74.56%
  • Other

4 2.37%

Thread: Trouble Using USERPORT

Trouble Using USERPORT

This Thread is for the ones who have troubles using USERPORT (any version) and for NEWBIES and USERS who wants to run phone flashing and unlocking programs under Windows 2000/XP or NT.

If you are using Windows 2000 / XP or NT you are required to use USERPORT inorder to use phone flashers and unlocking tools for any phone.

Before Setting Up USERPORT you have to configure your parallel port settings in your BIOS , it is usually found at the CHIPSET settings make sure your parallel is either set to ECP or EPP or can be ECP/EPP (Refer to your motherboard's manual on how to do it on your PC)

First: Download Userport (If you still don't have one) (link can be found below or at the end of this post)

Second: After downloading the program, extract the ZIP file at your desktop, place it in a folder with the name "UserPort" (for easier use) then copy the USERPORT.SYS file that is included with the USERPORT program,

Instructions under windows:
    Right Click the USERPORT.SYS file then click copy, double click the My Computer icon in your desktop or the My Computer TAB (For Windows XP) then a new window appears, at the address bar type the following:

For Windows XP Users, enter: X:\Windows\System32\Drivers
    For WiNNT and Windows 2000, enter: X:\Winnt\System32\Drivers

For some instances you also copy the userport.sys file at:
    For WinXP: X:\Windows\System32
    For Win2000/NT: X:\Windows\System32

after that, press the right click button then click paste

X: - place the drive where your Operating System Is Installed

Third: Run USERPORT by clicking the program ICON

Fourth: Add The Resource Settings for your LPT port (for the flasher cable) and your COM port (for the data cable).

Under "ALL USER MODE PROCESSES GRANT LIST" enter the following values (these resources are usually the defaults)

NOTE: Do NOT write LPT1 PORT, COM1 PORT on the blanks, only the resource address (eg: 378-37F etc.), a newbie here posted that he cannot run Userport because he included the word LPT1 Port on the blank.

LPT1 PORT: Place "378-37F" (without the quotations) on the space provided then click ADD

COM1 PORT: Place "3F8-3FF" (without the quotations) on the space provided then click ADD

COM2 PORT: Place "3F8-3FF" (without the quotations) on the space provided then click ADD

Enter the same values for the "THROUGH "\\Userport" Grant List" TAB

Fifth: After entering all the values click the UPDATE on the driver TAB and click START to activate the program (if you click start and nothing happens, it means that the USERPORT is now in effect) (do not close the program window) and you can now use flasher programs (except DEJAN's dos Flasher) and any Unlocking Tool on your Windows 2000/XP/NT based System.

P.S
    I included a POLL question just incase (can be used as a guide for NEWBIES who wants to use different Operating Systems when using their phone programs)

POLL: What Operating System Do you prefer to use when running your favorite DCT3/DCT4 Flasher and Unlocking Tools?
    Last edited by ZNOD; 12-09-2003 at 04:34 AM.
    ZNOD EX

I have a trouble, I have Win XP Pro. I've installed Userport and configured it as ZNOD said. But flashing still doesn't work.
    Rolis says: Win2k, WinXP users must install UserPort software first.
    Now flasher sw will not work correctly, except some MBUS features

Problems Posted will be answered through private messaging

NOTE: All Problems posted here will be answered through Private Messaging.
    ZNOD EX

Unhappy Userport Help

have a trouble, I have Win XP Pro. I've installed Userport and configured it as ZNOD said. But flashing still doesn't work.
    Rolis says: Win2k, WinXP users must install UserPort software first.
    Now flasher sw will not work correctly, except some MBUS features

I Have The Same Prob As This - Any Help

Hey men! I've discovered my trouble. Thanks to Thanh! In the BIOS setup you must experiment with LPT settings. In my Bios (AMI) i set LPT mode bidirectional. In other bioses ther may be an option ECP&EPP (as Thanh said). Now everything works

Smile Userport Sorted

Sorted!! I Had To Disable My ATI Display Driver - Then Run Userport, After That Rolis 4.77 4.78 4.79 Worked Great

Thumbs up A Big Thank You!

ZNOD, Thank you very much for posting this thread! I finished setting up my flasher kit in my Windows XP OS and all runs fine! Good Work! Thank you for giving time to answer some of my personal Q's to you.

Keep Up the Good Work!

Thank You

Good Work! A Lot of newbies on phone flashing out there will be very glad to read your post, Thank you, with your guide, I was able to run my rolis and knok and other uinlocking tools on Windows 2000, NT and XP

Hope to have more post from you in the Future!

Mabuhay ang Pinoy!

Userport On Desktop and Laptop Problem???....

I have already try paste the userport system files to winxp drivers. It works on desktop....but unfortunely i use the same way paste it on laptop...and totaly doesn't work..??? ..can somebody show me the way to fix it....Thank you....

Thumbs up Post Request

Can I request the moderator to make this thread a sticky one? I read many threads on this Forum asking how to use Phone unlocking/flashing tools under windows XP, I think this thread is very helpful!

Question UsePort settings

Hi.im a newbie.I followed the directions to install the userport settings and when i tried to write what it asked to do, it couldnt do it.

For example it said to write this> In the Process Grant List and also in theThrough Grant List and press ADD

LPT1 PORT 378-37F
    COM1 PORT 3F8-3FF
    COM2 PORT 3F8-3FF

When you try to type the letters LPT1 or COM1 & 2 in the box it says this: "Wrong syntax. Use "Startadress-Stopaddress" (000-3ff)

Now it will not add it in. BUT if you take away the letters and port and just enter the numbers it will work.But according to the program its seeking the Port LPT1 and it cant find it because it cannot enter it. Whats going on? I use Win XP Pro and i installed the userport correct its running fine.

How do i solve this problem?

HELPPPP!!!!! And what exact program do you use to Unlock the Nokia 3310- Not sure what version software my phone is because i cannot read it. HELPPP!!!!!

Im really lost now.

Thread Information