Thread: 5110 unlocking problem.....

5110 unlocking problem.....

Trying to unlock this for someone, done my usual way with rollis 1.8 & cable, cleared sp locks & updated faid successfully, now it no longer displays sim not accepted but shows now signal with vodafone,original orange sim still ok in phone signal wise?????
    UPDATE
    Software is 4.11 all of the partial unlock flash progs i have like jephro don't support it :/
    Last edited by Trax; 05-09-2003 at 07:05 PM.

The 5110 is a single band phone that works on 900mhz. I would assume your phone is actually a 5130 or 5146 as you state it works on Orange. The 5130 or 5146 is a 1800mhz phone and is again like the 5110 a single band phone.

Orange and T mobile use 1800mhz and O2 and Vodaphone use 900mhz. Therefore the reason your vodafone sims does not work is because the phone only works on 1800mhz.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your input, phone is definitely a 5110.It's an odd one as i am sure someone must have come across this before even though they are an old phone, searching did not come up with much??.Oh well that's the first & last time i try unlocking one of these relics lol .
    THX

Thread Information