Thread: 6110 to 6150...if possible, how???

6110 to 6150...if possible, how???

Hey m8s!
    I read a post here some time ago, where some people said that you can flash a 6110 to a 6150 and have animated menues, sim-atk, t9 etc.
    as i have already flashed my 6150 to v p5.23 and do like the new functions, i´d like to do this with my 6110 too, if possible.

So please help me, if you can!

Greetz, SuBmAsta

sorry, but 6150 flash is 2mb.
    6110 flash size is only 1mb

you can update 6110 only if you cut some function from 6150 mcu (or change flash ic)

How to...

I knew that the flash sizes are different, AND THIS IS WHY I AM POSTING THIS QUESTION!!!!
    How to cut those functions from mcu to make it fit into 6110 flash ram??

sorry...

at this moment it's so hard to cut the function you don't want from the firmware:

1) toggle useless ppm chunks
    2) toggle useless func from mcu
    3) adjust original pointer to new addresses
    4) ...

i hope i've understand your question now

sorry for my poor english!!

6110 to 6150

You have 2 choices:

First:
    If you want to spend more time, then do what gdeber said, you can also ask the help of a nokia flash file guru (specializing in flash toning), you just have to be patient because most of the time, the flashfile is damaged and is caused by simple mod errors.

Second:
    Make it easier by changing the the 6110's flash IC to 6150 flash IC then flashing a 6150 flashfile to the phone. (Works 99.99% - NOT to mention 100%) and most of this cases, the phone was successfully upgraded.

NOTE: 6150 is a dualband and 6110 is a single band
    Last edited by ZNOD; 07-09-2003 at 04:13 PM.
    ZNOD EX

Changing Phone´s IC...

Did I get it right that when ure talking bout changing the 6110´s IC to a 6150´s IC, you mean soldering another flash ram into the phone or what?
    Cause I dont think i am able to do that
    But anyways, thank you for your propositions and your help.

With greetz from good ol´ germany!

SuBMaSta
    Last edited by submasta; 07-09-2003 at 05:11 PM.

Yes! Exactly, you have to deal with your phone's hardware by changing it's Flash IC (if you have knowledge in electronics, you can do it), easier than cutting off the several functions in the 6150 flash file (needs patience). But if you can't deal with the hardware, it will be better to leave it alone... if you want your 6110 to look impressive, why NOT modify your 6110's flash, just like what you did to your 6150.
    ZNOD EX

Hm...

I dont know where to get a 6150 IC, and i cant solder smd parts, so i wont change the hardware.
    but the strange thing is that i cant change all the stuff on a 6110 flash, that i did with a 6150.
    when i change sth with ppm edit 1.0a by cyber, it says " ppmedit cant fix ppm crc, you have to do that" and even though i made ppm,mcu, flash checksum correction, the phone says contact service. i can only change the tones with melody2firmware.
    with my 6150, and 3210, and also 5110, everything worx fine
    The rom3/4 issue dont matter here as i used own phones s/w or fitting
    one from web, but it wont work
    any ideas?

Can't Modify PPM

I just forgot to say that modifying a 6110 flash file is quite complicated as exceeding as low as 1 kb would cause the flash file to be damaged. Avoid extending the x's and y's of phone's graphics, and when placing new ringtones, do NOT add, just replace the original ringtones with the one you like, and inorder NOT to waste too much time, doing things all over, you have to modify functions step by step [you have to be patient with this] (eg: change the graphics of the message and service menu (only) then kill the FAID, correct all checksums and flash it to your phone) if your modifications did NOT cause any trouble then move on to the next and try repeating the flash check.
    ZNOD EX

Thread Information