Thread: 8210 loosing signal, calls are OK. HW or FW bug?

8210 loosing signal, calls are OK. HW or FW bug?

I found 8210 phone in england. Phone was working all right. I used my friends charger for 6100, which gives twice current (700mA) and twice voltage (6V) than original charger for 8210. After 3 days phone started loosing signal and after 5 days gets useless. Weird thing is that if it has signal and I make a call, I can call for 1 hour without a signal drop, it newer lost signal during call. After call it usually loose signal again. What is wrong with my phone? It has 5.27 FW with services menu enabled. Could it be FW problem? Thanks for any ideas

Losing Signal

Try Re-flashing a 5.27 clean firmware flash, also check your batteries if they are still ok (power is a factor when talking about signals) also try using other batteries if you experience the same problem

8210 users in our place usually experiences that problem and tried to re-flash it using a clean firmware version, and it worked, the other solution is that, you change the battery without flashing the phone. it also works. (avoid using different chargers on a single battery)
    Last edited by ZNOD; 07-09-2003 at 07:54 PM.
    ZNOD EX

Thread Information