Thread: 3510i Screen

3510i Screen

Hello There People,
    I have recently joined this forum and found it cool and exciting.The main reaon for joining this forum was that my mobile 3510i gives a yellowish kind of display which is not normal as i have compared it with other phones . the other phones have a brighter display where as mine has a darker . i asked my friends why is it so ?so they said it was because of the LEDS underneath the screen i dont know what really is the problem please help.

mazhar

Hi Mazar.
    I also have a 3510i. I had another look at my display and noticed that when viewed at certain angles, the screen does has a yellow hue.

LED's are Light Emitting Diodes, unlike filament lamps they are solid state and do not break when subjected to shock such as dropping.

I wonder if you bought your phone as brand new or pre-owned/refurbished ? Normally the LED's are selected to give a specific level of brightness and hue. Does yours vary according to whether you cover the orange side panels or not ?
    Have you really got a true 3510i, or a 3510 in a different case?

Perhaps you could enquire at a Nokia Service Centre and ask their opinion.

Regards from James Watt

Hi There James,

Firstly I would like to make you shure that i have a true 3510i not the normal 3510 coz its colour screen .Yes as you said I am also experiencing same problem which you had on your 3510i but overhere mine shows a yellow hue when the mobile is viewed from the left and appears normal when viewed from the right.
    I have bought the phone recently from the nokia showroom here in jeddah.and i didnot understand how does the light vary by covering the orange pannels at the sides.

Thanks For replying
    Mazhar

Quote Originally Posted by mazhar_007
    Hi There James,

Firstly I would like to make you shure that i have a true 3510i not the normal 3510 coz its colour screen .Yes as you said I am also experiencing same problem which you had on your 3510i but overhere mine shows a yellow hue when the mobile is viewed from the left and appears normal when viewed from the right.
    I have bought the phone recently from the nokia showroom here in jeddah.and i didnot understand how does the light vary by covering the orange pannels at the sides.

Thanks For replying
    Mazhar

Hi Mazhar.
    Yes. viewing the LCD from the left does produce the yellow hue.
    My grandson who lives in Dhahran also had a 3510i, but found the LCD could not be viewed well in the strong sunlight, he likes to play games.
    Also the backlight turns off too soon for him (and others)

The main reason I bought mine was for the WAP facility, as it is the least costly when compared to others.

Despite a few shortcomings, I'm happy with my purchase.

You could always check with the shop you purchased the phone from.

Regards from James Watt

Hi again Mazhar.

I have received some information that may explain the yellow hue on your LCD. The Software Version 04.4 has a number of bugs (errors) in it, and one of them causes the display to have the problem you have. This is especially noticeable when the battery is fully charged.
    Let it have some use and run the battery down to half, and see if the problem goes away.

I have Version 04.01 on mine, so it is not as bad as yours.
    To check which version you have enter *#0000#
    It may be possible to have it changed at the shop you bought it from?

Regards from James Watt

Thread Information