Thread: Nokia 8210 Screen - 1 line missing HELP!!!

Nokia 8210 Screen - 1 line missing HELP!!!

I have ordered a new elastomer to replace the existing one in the phone but thinking about it, is there any chance that this will cure it?,

Surely just one line fading out would indicate a screen failure?, however if i press on the screen more lines go out at random points and sometimes the whole thing goes off.

Basically what im wanting to know is, is there any chance that replacing the elastomer will do the trick or am i more likely to be looking at buying a new screen?.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

the line which has gone out is the 5th Horizontal one from the top. Sometimes it flickers and comes back on for a few seconds but very rarely. Also when signal and battery bars are at full some of the dots in the faulty line actually work.

try to change the LCD rubber connector and if its doesnt work try to change the LCD .good luck

strangely enough, the line that was missing re-appeared on saturday but if i lightly pressed on the screen the whole display would go off, anyway the elastomer i ordered came today and i fitted it and now the display doesn't fade off if i press on it.
    However a different line went out this evening for a few seconds but is now back on, so i think i have a faulty LCD, will probably replace it if it gets any worse.

Thread Information