Thread: i need a pinout for the Motorola head-set connector (3 Pin)

i need a pinout for the Motorola head-set connector (3 Pin)

Hello

I am in the need for a pinout or diagram of Motorola's headset connector or jack. The 2.5mm 3-pin one as used by many Motorola phone, WITH answer button!

Reason: I have a Sanyo SCP-550 and it's headset connector is the same as Motorola's, i can use a Motorola handsfree with that phone. Now, i GOT one but that does not have an answer button, and needing to flip the phone open to answer a call does not improve traffic safety.

I have a Nokia headset, which i previously converted from Nokia's 4-pin jack to Pop-Port (it was original for a 6510, the two-ear mono model with the nice chrome button in the clip) and i used it with a Nokia 6610 then.

Now i want to "convert" that same thingy to work with my Sanyo, but i don't know where to put the answer button? Since the headset i have (Motorola, which will "lend" it's cable and jack) does not have the button!

Where is it connected? Mic-GND?

Please, someone advice me.........

Thanks in advance!
    your Thanh

Hi!

Mate...search in the hardware section..two weeks ago I posted there "new pin out by Bruce"...it will help U alot..
    Good luck!
    Regards!
    Sergo_Zmeia
    Im the wind forever free...

can't find....

Hello

Could you evtl. post up a link to that post? I been searching for some 30 minutes now, can't find it.... the search terms "pin out", "pinout" and "Bruce" don't find me anything anywhere that's got to do with that......

Please, give me a link... Thank you

your Thanh

Hi!

Thanh, mate Ill try to upload it here..hope ill suseed this time...
    Regards!
    Sergo_Zmeia

Thank you :)

Hello again

Thank you for that image, my friend... altough it does not answer my question (where to connect that "answer"-button?) it is very helpfull in other aspects

I figured out how to connect that button over the last two days by trial-and-error testing (only three pins tough, not too much work) and i did my "conversion" very successfully, see attached picture.

As you can see, i put a 3.5 mm stereo jack in that thing, and so i can now connect ANY headphone there, which is standard stereo. In the thingy both channels are paralleled, so it is mono but on both ears. The sound quality (and volume!) is absolutely superb, using the Sony headphones from my MD walkman.

Also the (original Nokia) microphone capsule is superb to the one used in the cheap headset for Motorola. It was a lot of fiddling before i got the jack in that thing since there is not really much space inside, and i had to cut out some of the plastic to fit it in. This jack was taken from a broken walkman, the ones available in electronic shops are just too big.

What to say, the "answer" button works fine by shorting mic-gnd and the output is better than anything. It's now a 16-Ohms load on the phone's amp, but it goes SO loud that i need to REDUCE volume (!) and so i think there is no danger to the amp

thanks for your help, my friend!

Kind regards......
    your Thanh

Hi!

Good work my friend!
    Sorry Ive missed the line with answer key question....
    Any way...
    Have a nice New Year eve..
    Regards!
    Sergo_Zmeia

Thread Information