Thread: Is it possible the Nokia 3310 "get flashed" using Mbus data cable?

Is it possible the Nokia 3310 "get flashed" using Mbus data cable?

Hello everybody,

I'm a newbie in tweaking mobile phone. I have some unclear question for my Nokia 3310. For your information, I just bought 2 months ago and it came with the software version 5.45. Before I unlock my phone using Eeprom Tools 3.1, it has the functions like Edit picture message, Assign ringtone to SMS alert and so on. But after I unlocked it, the functions mentioned above were gone.

So, I just wonder is my phone's software have been flashed accidently? ( I'm using a Mbus data cable).

After that, I tried to recover it using various kinds of tools such NokTool by Jordik, Eeprom Tools 3.1, NokTool v4.7 by Rolis and etc.
    But the phone just switch it off every few seconds and I can't connect to my mobile network. I read some articles and found out that all these are cause by not calculates the FAID. Hence, I use NokTool by Jordik v3.21 and Eeprom Tools 3.1 to update the FAID. But it didn't work at all.

Could any expert here please help me... :<

Thanks for any helps in advance.

no, you can use mbus to flash your phone.

For your problem, you will need to download nokia tools by rolis to correct this.

first change back to your original imei which from the stick at the back of your centre board. mark it down

1. open nokiatool, insert the imei into the box, and update imei
    2. click on update faid
    3. click on unlock sp

to go back to 3315, or get back the other menu, download pclocal, connect your phone with mbus and run pclocal, find the product profile edit, and change bit30 to 1, press F2 to save, then you have done.

where to get the pclocal. I've browsed on this site but didn't find it

Thread Information