Thread: what is ghosting?

what is ghosting?

i was curious on what ghosting was. i read a thread that mentioned dual sims or a possible "ghost" for the nokia 6800, which i have, and it is unlocked and i too would like to use both sims without always switching. if you guys could enlighten me a little bit it would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

dual-sim and ghosting are two completely different things.

ghosting is using a "ghost line", a line that has been disabled by the owner, but not completely deleted from the operators database, that allows you to have free calls since there is no one to chrage for them.
    ghost line is a special case, that normally doesn't happen, and so they are very hard to find.

about dual-sim, it is nice if you have two simcards of two providers, but you shall know one thing - you can't use the two at the same time, only one can be active, if you want to use the other you have to switch. some dual-sims have a manual switch, others switch simcards when restarting the phone.

what do i need for dual sims?

thanks for the info...
    do you know what i need to get to use my two sim cards i have? is there a part i need to order or one i should modify for my att usa nokia 6800?
    any info would be appreciated...

thanks in advance

search the net for "dual-sim"..

be aware that some dual-sims are attached to a back panel, and some are not. don't think there is a special one for 6800, so get the one that is made for the closest model, 6610 or 7210, and preferebly without a back panel attached.

there is no need to modify the simcards themselves.

thanks i appreciate it

Thread Information