Thread: Problem flashing 6600 - 6600 dead

Unhappy Problem flashing 6600 - 6600 dead

After flashing my 6600, for upgrading firmware to the last version, my phone is dead.

I use an original Prodigy box, an IBM A22 Thinkpad 1 GHz.
    I flashed succesfully many phones (3310, 8310 etc). This was the first (and only 6600).
    Now, if I try to re-flash (with manual selection of firmware, the Prodigy software says:

MCU flashing - NHL103421.20
    Sending secondary loader...
    Asic: UPP_WD2 v2.0, 2.01, 2.1
    Reading...
    FlashID: 2000BE88
    Sending Algorithm...
    MSID: 8497A08FAB03DFCE1378F5ED74
    UEM ID: 00 99 4F 44
    Erasing MCU area...
    Area: 00000000-0000FFFF
    Area: 02000000-0212FFFF
    MCU area erased.
    Writing MCU file...
    Unable to flash block: 0xDB

Any idea ...?

Please, help me !!!

Thanks.

Angelo

Hi!

Im using Griffin and Im not familiar with Ur box..But may be upgrading its software and getting latest fia files can solve Ur problems..
    Good luck!
    Sergo_Zmeia
    Im the wind forever free...

let me tell you what i know
    i have prodigy and i install it in winxp and i get the same meassage you have
    and i try it in my old formatted pc with win98 and its work nicly ,ther is some files you have to past it in c:windows that came with the prodigy cd
    nokia 6600 support in version 6.15 and above. by the way prodigy support (SUCKS)

my pc
    P4 1.4
    128 of ram
    40 GB
    Last edited by Super KW; 05-05-2004 at 06:04 AM.

Don't worry, your 6600 isn't dead - yet

You will need to play around with the Prodigy Registry Editor tool - change them around a bit.

What's your email address? I'll send you the configuration settings appropriate for a Pentium4 processor.

your problem is you choose a wrong flash file mcu shound be ending in .C1 and ppm is .20

Hi!

Buy Griffin...thats the solution..If u ask the mods team every one will told U this...
    Good Luck!
    Sergo_Zmeia
    Im the wind forever free...

ok grifin may be perfect

i "kiled" a 6600 using the function full factroy defaults on a working phone.....(stupid thing to do with a wd2)...
    i used ufs3...
    i dont know how to fix this phone i tried everything i know...
    i flashed phone with erase fia then i flashit again and phone is alive again but instead of registering ..is shuting down...
    for sure is software ..uem is not broken becouse is working perfect with a test card.... i wrote pm and flash again and again ...formated user area ...etc ...
    phone shuts down instead of registering...

i will try to fix-it with grifin at one of my frends(mrx)..

....and about grifin ...
    with ufs3 i repaired a 7210 who can't comunicate with grifin..
    i also have prodigybox(prodigy it's note comunicatenig with 6600 voltage at phone i think is too low 3.2v)..

Unhappy 6600 flash

Do u flash it by a twister box .if not try to flash it by twister ,payattention to the mcu and the ppm selection.

long ago solved problem

..trick Was ..erase Fia ...
    Also Glad This Forum Is Noy Dead
    Best Regards Nenmobil

I have a prodigy box and the proper cable to flash the nokia 6260. I am wondering a few questions. First is it possible to format the User Area to fix the "phone startup failed error", considering when using the keypress format code, the phone freezes up half way through the format and reboots. Second what PPM and MCU files do I select, the ones that are in the firmware package for my phone, don't tell which one are which, and don't want to have to reflash it several times to fixx it.

prodigy tool..

i recomend you to use other tool for flashing 6260....
    prodigy is not updated any more....
    for mcu use bigest file xxx.c0 for ppm use file with extension .21 or 11 coresponding to language pack wanted..
    at ui setings check only reset user lock ..and init sim lock...NEVER USE FACTORY DEFAULTS...
    THEN FORMAT USER AREA and it is recomendet to format your card
    nenmobil

Ok here is a listing of the files in the directory, I can't seem to find the ones that you are talking about, please help me
    Attached Files Attached Files

Nen77

Hi NEN77.

You say you have the problem with your phone not booting up or not registering. I know of a simple process by which i have fixed many of these kinds of problems on phones (blinking Nokia, Contact retailer, etc). I use UFS3 Tornado but im sure you can do similar functions in other boxes.

1. Restore factory defaults (Factory reset)
    2.Change to normal mode
    3. Change back to local mode
    4. Format user area

Hopefully after this your phone should boot up properly. If it dusnt just try the process again a few times. I hope this helps.
    Chris.

it won't format even through the flasher...

Hi Mr g1_teg_lover,

I am going to try to help you here!! i have solved many 6600 and other Symbian models (Contact Retailer) with formatting the user area, the fact that your format crashes halfway through is an indication to me of a damaged Flash IC... however, try this first...

RM25PE305150.C1 is an MCU file... use the version matched PPM which would be RM25PE305150.75 if i am not mistaken (This is a Generic PPM i think!!)... these file names are taken from your list you posted earlier...

if you find you cant flash your phone because it keeps failing then try to reflow your Flash ICs as they may be damaged!!

if you have any luck then please post back!!

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

Thread Information