Hello ,

I'm developing an application to read various phone parameters from Nokia 3315 (especially netmonitor screens).

I have been able to get the strings and various other phone parameters .
But there are certain problems and confusions that I'd like to post..

1. I initiate the Fbus communication using a string of 55H. How many bytes of 55h should I send. Should i expect any reply from the phone.

2. Then I send the command to get the phone s/w version, date etc. But in the receive buffer, I'm getting the ack frame, the data frame i wanted and the "COMMAND FRAME I SENT". ??

3. The major problem i'm facing is with the time delay. Whats the minimum time delay I need betwwen 2 fbus commands. It doesn't work below 1.5 secs for me .. thats a lot of time and its makin my application slow..

4. After reading all the phone parameters, there is a loop to read the netmonitor screens (8 of them) again and again .. But again the time delay is making things worse.. If i have to read the same thing again and again, isn't there a simpler way ..

5. Do i really need to send the Acks. My program is working fine without the acks. If i have to send acks also, won;t it slow up the process .???

6. I have also a confusion regarding the Fbus commands.Is a header 00 01 cmd 00 always required . Can anyone post a list of Fbus commands (not mbus) for Nokia 3315 here ..

Thanks in advance ..