Thread: 3650 - How to remove T-Mobile stuff

3650 - How to remove T-Mobile stuff

Since august 2003 I've got a 3650. I didn't bought a new one, I've interchanged it with a 3300.
    The previous owner had a T-Mobile phone and I've got Vodafone. Everytime my 3650 boots I see a fullscreen T-Mobile wallpaper. Also, when I reset the phone it sets a T-Mobile wallpaper and ringtone as standard. Owh, and the colors are set to pink, but that's irrelevant to my problem

I've searched for hours with SeleQ on the Z:\ disk but I've found nothing to remove the T-Mobile stuff. No wallpapers, ringtone or anything named T-Mob(ile). The ringtone is no problem, it's easy to set another one. But the wallpaper I see at the sartup is irritating me.

Does anyone know how to remove this?

T-Mobile stuff is part of the firmware so you won't be able to change it unless you get the phone flashed, I have a 3650 from At&t (even though I'm using it on Fido) and when I formatted it everything from At&t came back like the wallpaper and their web browser. You can change everything you want though like set up your own wallpaper and ringtone and it will not disappear until you make a hard reset of the phone. Simple switching off and on will not get you back to the original settings...

Could try getting it reflashed at your local nokia service center. That would solve the problem.

Also, how have you managed to get a post total of 0??? Very weird...

LOL ... No posts ... hehe

My mate has a T-Mobile branded T610 at my school. T-Mobile is an American company right? Well, he's using it in Australia on the Optus network

Guess he can't remove the T-Mobile logo on the cover, unless he changes the cover ...

If you want to remove the branded transfers on fones, you can use white spirit and a scourer pad. My mate had Orange on the front of his p800 and a bit of white spirit and some rubbing got it off.

well. Customization is part of the branding. You can't simplely delete one file to get rid of the branding since the branding is firmware based. You DO need to get the phone reflash to decustomize. Contact me if you are in Australia and would like to decustomize your phone.

Cheers
    flin898

Thread Information