Thread: .. Irritating message tone on reports – please help

.. Irritating message tone on reports – please help

My 6600 used to come with a small single tone when receiving sms reports and chosen message tone in the profile to a new received sms. For some reason now it gives me the full message tone on both ? this is irritating because you thing you receive a full sms – look and it’s only a report. Can anybody tell me what setup or parameter went wrong or how to get it back to different tones on report and full sms messages ??

Red face

I noticed the same when I moved all messaging functions from the phones internal memory to the MMC Card. Every time I'd get a delivery report I'd also get the full message alert tone.
    Changing it back to the phones memory seemed to stop it...
    Go into Messaging, then "Settings", then "Other", then "Memory in Use" and reselect phone.
    If thats not it then I'm snookered!!...

Nice one
    Rob

Thumbs up Thanks, robmcc

BINGO - that did it !!! Only trouble now, is clearing up mem to have space enough in the phone to recieve MMS messages and download programs. ( thats why I moved to card MEM in the first place ! ). Hmm - wonder if it was worth while to post this problem directly at Nokia ??? Prob. not ...

Good Stuff!!!
    Other thing I noticed was and I saw it mentioned here somewhere else was that when I'd turn the phone on I'd get all of my delivery reports from the previous day. When I changed messaging back to the phones memory that problem stopped too.
    Stick everything else on your Memory Card including all your images and video's, should free up some space??
    Rob

I also used to have the same problem of getting the full message tone on the delivery report, and getting all previous delivery reports when i turned the phone on, along with an "App Closed" error. I heard in some thred on this forum that it was maybe caused by CameraFX or some other program. What I did to solve the problem was that i uninstalled all the programs in the Try&Buy folder. That seemed to nail the problem I guess. Give that a try. You'll also get a lot of free memory

Try setting your log to 1 day instead of 30. Since i done that i haven't had the reports crash and the phone starts up a little bit quicker.

Thread Information