Thread: Cell phones may damage sperm !!!

Unhappy Cell phones may damage sperm !!!

LONDON - Cell phones may damage men’s sperm, Hungarian scientists say, in a study that fertility experts dismissed Monday as inconclusive.

advertisement

Carrying a mobile in hip pockets or a holster on the waist could cut sperm count by nearly 30 percent, according to the research.

“The prolonged use of cell phones may have a negative effect on (sperm production) and male fertility,” Dr. Imre Fejes, of the department of obstetrics and gynecology at the University of Szeged said in a summary of the study.

Fejes and his team analyzed sperm from 221 men and questioned them about their use of mobile phones. They found correlations between the use of the phones, even in a standby setting, and reduced sperm concentration and quality.

Fejes said more research is needed to support the findings, which will be reported to this week’s conference in Berlin of the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology.

Professor Hans Evers, a past president of the society, said the results are interesting but far from conclusive.

“It ... appears not to take into account the many potential confounding factors that could have skewed the results,” Evers, who works at the Academic Hospital in Maastricht in the Netherlands, said in a statement.

He added that the study did not seem to analyze stress levels, the type of jobs the men have and whether they smoked, which could all influence sperm count.

“These factors would have a considerable effect on the outcome of the research,” he said.

Decline in male fertility
    Britain’s National Radiological Protection Board, which has reviewed research into the health effects of exposure to radio frequency waves including mobile phones, said, so far, the waves appear to be safe.

But cell phones have been in widespread use for only a short time so more research is needed.

“This is an unexpected result and we will look at it very carefully but the decline in male fertility has been going on for decades now, before the widespread use of mobile phones, and there can be many reasons for it,” Dr. Michael Clark, scientific spokesman for the British board, told Reuters.

The World Health Organization has said none of the recent reviews has concluded that exposure to radio frequency waves from cell phones or their base stations damages health, but stresses that more studies are needed.

LOL!!! I bet next thing they'll be telling us is that mobile phones cause aids...

Lol

I have 5 Kids Dont Thinks So

Next they'll say texting causes arthritis

This might even be a good thing for some of us. Less to worry about if something goes wrong. haha. Latex is not indestructible.

Why 30%? Make it either 0% or 100% ... the unlimited sex with no chance of pregnancy

moved to lounge.
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Read rules here before posting!

Nokiafree Symbian Faqs Section

What next?

Blah blah blah, can only be a good thing as far as i am concerned.

He says at 1 oclock in the morning with a pile of empty beer cans on my right and a packet of cigarttes on my left that states and I quote "Smoking seriously harms you and the others aroung you"

Can somebody please explain how it damages your sperm cells? Does the radiation emit that far; only targetting that region? I think I'm safe though... I don't hold my phone down near my genital region...

Can somebody tell me how this will affect Nadia in UK Big Brother, What happens to a transvestite in these situations. Man there is so much I don't understand.

Make sure yr cell phone wear a condom to prevent it from killing yr precious cells! LOL

May i recomend a femidom its a lot easier to get your bigg'un in

Holy Crap! I just realised that I keep my phone in my pants pockets a lot... I might start holding it in my shirt pockets... (If applicable).

breast cancer, gopher?

condoms for phones anyone?
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Read rules here before posting!

Nokiafree Symbian Faqs Section

Uh oh... Let's hope the radiation doesn't affect those cells too... lol.

Do bluetooth headsets cause brain damage?

Lets hope not...

Thread Information