Thread: New virus warning!

Exclamation New virus warning!

There's a new version of caribe doing the rounds. It comes in an installation file called 3d_oidi500.sis. When you open the app it stalls for a couple of seconds then goes back to the menu screen but it's still running in the background and won't close without using a program like switcher. As soon as it's opened it starts looking for victims (it found my 3650 straight away) and repeatedly sends the caribe.sis until you kill the app or switch bluetooth off.

I suppose since you can just remove the file in the manager like you would a normal app it isn't really a virus, it's more a virus speader since the actual caribe virus can't be turned on and off.

I'm off to spread the virus among noobs

yup...one of my friends already got infected by it too lol....it even drains batery's so fast...

Through further fucking about i've found out it's not the cabir virus it sends out, just a 0kb sis file with nothing in it.

It great for crushing folk and freaking them out by making them think its cabir. Another good thing about it is that it sends so fast they can either accept it or keep on repeatedly pressing no.

Quote Originally Posted by yuppo
    There's a new version of caribe doing the rounds. It comes in an installation file called 3d_oidi500.sis. When you open the app it stalls for a couple of seconds then goes back to the menu screen but it's still running in the background and won't close without using a program like switcher. As soon as it's opened it starts looking for victims (it found my 3650 straight away) and repeatedly sends the caribe.sis until you kill the app or switch bluetooth off.

I suppose since you can just remove the file in the manager like you would a normal app it isn't really a virus, it's more a virus speader since the actual caribe virus can't be turned on and off.

I'm off to spread the virus among noobs
    personally i think all this virus stuff is made by the anti virus frims anyway, it gives them business at the end of the day! and hey, we all know how effective creating a frezy is, just look at america and Iraq!!

I don't think it was made by the anti-virus folk, during the installation it gives a link to some funny squiggle text forum, I reckon the arabs there made it. If anyone here can understand it please tell us what they say about it www.ioicn.com.cn

I don't think it was made by the anti-virus folk, during the installation it gives a link to some funny squiggle text forum, I reckon the arabs there made it. If anyone here can understand it please tell us what they say about it www.ioicn.com.cn
    thats not arabc dude, its comin up in slight arabic characters but thats due to the encoding, none of them actually make a word. must be some other language.

i'll keep trying different windows encoding to see if it finds a match!

found it!!

Quote Originally Posted by sakaveli
    thats not arabc dude, its comin up in slight arabic characters but thats due to the encoding, none of them actually make a word. must be some other language.

i'll keep trying different windows encoding to see if it finds a match!

found it!! its chinese simplified encoding! that was a typical example of blaming all te problems of the world on the arabs! lol

I just thought the text looked kinda arabic.

All we need to find now is a simple chinese person to translate it for us

Smile

I just thought the text looked kinda arabic.

All we need to find now is a simple chinese person to translate it for us

Hey i might b of help translating....

Quote Originally Posted by luigi545
    Hey i might b of help translating....
    then, can u translate what this site is all about: http://www.ioicn.com.cn/

Talking

oidi500 is f***ing all the phones in its range... and it sends caribe.sis. i don't know if it is the real one or just a hoax but i wonder if it is possible to send other files instead of caribe?
    Last edited by amoo; 10-12-2004 at 12:59 PM.

One thing i dont understand is WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE THE BLUETOOTH ON?????????have it switched off and when you need it then turn it on!I dont think the virus will be able to infect your mobile if you have bluetooth off....

Quote Originally Posted by amoo
    oidi500 is f***ing all the phones in its range... and it sends caribe.sis. i don't know if it is the real one or just a hoax but i wonder if it is possible to send other files instead of caribe?
    First of all, its very lausy work. It sends caribe.sis with 0 bytes So it doesn't really spread.
    Well you can put your file and name it caribe.sis, and it will send it

Quote Originally Posted by Cykke
    First of all, its very lausy work. It sends caribe.sis with 0 bytes So it doesn't really spread.
    Well you can put your file and name it caribe.sis, and it will send it
    Like i've already said I don't think it's meant to spread, it's just meant to freak folk out by making them think it's the actual caribe virus thats attacking them. As for sending out other files, have you actually tried it? I renamed the fexplorer.sis to caribe.sis and placed it in the c/system/symbiansecuredata folder and removed the caribe.sis, when I activated oidi it still sent the same 0kb caribe.sis file.

I will play a little bit with that...

Its possible that program knows that caribe.sis is 0 bytes, so If its diffrent it just makes a new one with 0 bytes.
    There can be many possibilites

So I guess if anti-virus companies make viruses, then it's pharmeceutical companies that invented the flu, firefighters who start fires, and the CIA and MI5 that pay terrorists to hijack planes and kill Dutch writers, right???

Anyway, I think the NokiaFREE members should get together and make a gag virus like this. It'll be named NOKNOK.SIS and it'll spread by bluetooth, self install, and replace the icons with skulls but not totally screw up the phone. People will think they've got skulls but their phones will work fine.

can u control it?? or the only way u can play with it is that when u send the program 2 others (without install it)??

where can I find the program ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aristotelis
    One thing i dont understand is WHY SHOULD YOU HAVE THE BLUETOOTH ON?????????have it switched off and when you need it then turn it on!I dont think the virus will be able to infect your mobile if you have bluetooth off....
    i keep bluetooth on constantly because i use it to connect to my car kit and my computer and i cannot be bothered turning it on and off. If anyone i don't know tries to send me a file i'll simply reject it, or at the very least I'll accept it and not install it. If I get bombed by this new virus (maybe once in my lifetime, at most) I will turn bluetooth off.

Question

Where do ya get this SIS file mate!! Tried GOOGLING but no luck found ur posts every where

what anti-virus can be useful?

Thread Information