Thread: StarTac PST

StarTac PST

I need to unlock and load a new PRL into a Sprint StarTac, anyone has the software for this?

Universal or non P2K PST?

Bump. I found this thread from a search.

I have a CDMA StarTAC 7868 for which I need to update the wakeup banner and do a cabled PRL update. My carrier does not support over the air and they stopped supporting StarTACs altogether.

Does anyone know know what that might work?

I tried Motorola PST 6.7. It reads information from the phone just fine but when I try to download to the phone, there is an error message "Cannot transfer P2K data to a legacy phone." I guess one needs an older non P2K Motorola PST or a universal PST.

Thanks.

Hello Sir,

you need to locate an old school programmer. Its been a while but as i recall you will need a "Mini Chab" and or a "Junior board" to program these dinosaurs

Good Luck

Hello ci.com.

Someone said you don't need a mini chab if all you want to do is a PRL update. I'm not 100% sure if that is the case. Apparently, you must have one if you are going to do a firmware update.

Whether I need a mini chab or whether this serial cable I have is sufficient, I still need to find a non-P2K PST, a universal PST...or find an "old school programmer".

Any "old school" people out there?

well i did some digging and found a universal program for the ST 7762, it may work for the 7797 as well who knows. I also came across a program called "CDMA Identity Programmer" its a motorola original program, should do the trick for what you need. I think i also have flash files and esn software for this phone in this tera of data.

Send me a PM with your contact details and i will get the files to you, they are over 10 megs so it will have to be FTP'd

good luck

PS we also have a Mini Chab, the files are free the chab is not

Thread Information