Thread: "Memory Full" - fed up! 3650

"Memory Full" - fed up! 3650

Hi there

I acquired a whole CD full with stuff for the Symbian phones, mainly games. Now i had some time to try them and mess around (got my 3650 back working btw, without flashing it)...... and now i am running into the same problem MANY times.

"Memory full. Please close some apps and try again"
    "Memory full. Please delete some data"
    "Memory Full"
    "Not enough memory. Please restart phone and try again"

etc etc etc. Always the same crap. And the most annoying is when it comes during downloading somwthing from a WAP site, using Netfront, and the download reached 99% or 239 of 241 kb and it goes "Memory full". Of course my provider doesn't care, they bill me the 239 kilobytes regardless if i GOT what i wanted or not.

How can i gain more memory???

I got more than 200 MB free in the MMC, and the phone at the moment has 2.206 kilobytes free as well. ALL my applications are installed on MMC, not a single one in the phone memory. Yet still, also when installing apps the phone mem goes low, but when uninstalling them, it won't go back up.... just like Windows. But in Windows i know how to get that space back, how to do it on Symbian..?

Also, is there an application, regardless what it costs, that acts like a "Ram-Page" which i use? It can dump RAM-content into the page-file on HDD so to free RAM. I use it since 6 years, nowadays only as a RAM monitor since with 768 MB of RAM i don't really need a page file anymore. But is there something for s60 that can use a part of the MMC as "phone memory" or "RAM", wichever it is that's always "full"..?

Any help greatly apreciated......

Kind regards..... your Thanh

...you must install a file manager like "FE explorer" of "seleq" to personally browse through the system folder of drives c and e to see what files are left behind when you uninstall applications. also you "Stacker" to compress precious phone memory and compress your contacts database specially if
    you constantly add and remove phonebook entries.

the 3650 has 3.4mb of dynamically allocated memory, meaning this precious 3.4 is shared between drive c: memory and memory for running the apps. by checking tools > manager > options > memory details > phone memory, you must at least have 2.8mb plus memory.

even if you install all apps to drive e: files are still written
    to drive c:.

tips: set message memory to memory card, install symbianware's "smart launcher" to play with memory intensive games like sonic, explode arena, darxide emp,
    skyforce etc....

when installing, the .sis file will first be copied to C:\nokia\install\.. so if the space available on C: is not enough then you won't be able to install.

so now you can go check and delete any .sis files left in C:\nokia\install\.. to save the space in C: and use unMakeSis to help you install a big-sized sis file to MMC

Hope I can help

Lightbulb

Also appman from symbianware works well for compressing heap memory and terminating some processes on your symbian system ...

memory issues drive me bonkers!

Hello

Thank you very much for your replies

I do already have both fExplorer and eFileManager installed, yet still i can't make out what files are the ones i need to look for (and that was my initial questions - WHAT ARE THOSE FILES..?). If i knew where those files are (shared data? libs?) i could get rid of them easily........

About memory, 2.8 plus?? In my dreams... AFTER using Stacker to compress the contacts (yes, i do have a large contacts file) i still have only 2.3 MB free. Why can't "Contacts" be on MMC..?? In fact it can, but the phone can't read it from there!!

Messages i have already saved to MMC.

I use "Switcher" in order to see what processes are running - and to terminate some. But the problem is, i got the following processes running at any time:

EKern (352k)
    EFile (432k)
    EwSrv (128k)
    FbSrv (48k)
    Starter (16k)
    SharedDataServer (32k)
    DosServer (16k)
    EInfoServer (16k)
    randsvr (16k)
    EikSrvs (332k)
    C32exe (292k)
    Ealwls (16k)
    MediaServerSt... (124k)
    PhoneServer (24k)
    Sysagx (20k)
    DBRECOVERY (0k) (!!)
    EDbsrv (68k)
    sae (16k)
    SysAp (68k)
    Phone (312k)
    watcher (140k)
    ScreenSaver (52k)
    Autolock (56k)
    SW_FSCaller (96k)
    eAlarm (16k)
    CNTSrv (40k)
    LogServ (40k)
    WAPSTKSRV (84k)
    SecurityObser... (16k)
    MSexe (80k)
    Sysamob (16k)
    faxmodem (16k)
    Ncnlist (24k)
    btmanserver (16k)
    satsvr (40k)
    CalenSvr (20k)
    CLKNITZMDLS (16k)
    CbsServer (32k)
    BTServer (12k)
    Schexe (16k)
    sdp (16k)
    UNIPERTAR (16k)
    emon (48k)
    iserverarcexe (36k)
    WCLOCKSERVER (16k)

plus "Menu" and "Switcher" because i am using these while watching this. Now a hell of a lot of processes, me no idea which is for what, and if terminating one, the phone will hang immediately. Way out??

And by the way, "Stacker" yesterday evening went haywire, started compressing something which i tried to stop - ended up with a corrupted MMC. I install everything on MMC, so compressing apps does no good, only wastes a lot of time (needs 5 Minutes to start an app!)

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Thread Information