Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: unlock software for motorola v180 v220 c650 v80

i just got my new v180 from cingular, and i was checking this forum looking for information about unlocking, and i have a couple of questions:

1.- other than switching from one company to another one, what other benefits can i get by unlocking my phone (or cool things can i do)?

2.- i've seen differents versions of the preloaded S/W, in my case, according to the phone info, my version is R364_G_0B.D1.32R, but i saw one being 365, is that the latest version?? any advantages if i update??

if someone can answer my questions, i would really appreciate it, if the only reason to unlock the phone would be to switch from one company to another one, then i won't do it since i have a contract for 2 years that just started, so i will do it after 2 years, but if there are other cool things i can do with an unlocked phone, then i will give it a try.

thanks

chepeloni

how did you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by monica_b
    i have successfully unlocked my v180 phone on R365.
    I had to downgrade it to R364 before unlocking it. If anyone needs help downgrading, let me know.
    hi, can you please tell me how did you downgrade your v180 to the R364.

thank you.

Last weekend, Old_Fool and I successfully downgraded my v180 from 365 to 364...later that day...I put down the steps that we followed (pasted below). Please remember that these steps might not work for you...downgrade at your own risk.

Steps to downgrade from R365 to R364

1) install PST_7.1.1
    2) connect the phone to the computer
    3) when the phone asks for drivers, direct it to the c:/program files/Motorola/pst
    4) start 'pst phone programmer'
    5) file-new-kjava-read data from the phone
    6) enable java app loader
    7) restart phone by clicking on restart in the program to make sure that it works
    run pst_uni_patch and patch the files that it asks to patch (about 6) in the c:/program files/Motorola/pst folder.
    9) Run MultiFlashFlex.exe from C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST
    10) Show devices and check the device section in the bottom half of the program…it should say connected.
    11) Check ‘Enable flash, ‘Master clear phone after flexing’ and ‘Master reset phone after flexing’
    12) Select file name ‘R364_G_0B.D1.1FR_LP001B_DRM0001_JPJAVA_G_0B_V180_01_02_45R_GSIV180CBW01NA105_1FF.shx’ which can be downloaded from ‘http://gizmoserver.dns2go.com:8081/m...sh_flex/V180/’ and click on ‘Start’
    13) Once the phone is flash…it will turn off. Start the phone in flash mode and check the SW type to 364.
    14) Start ‘Mot_unlocker.exe’ and then start the phone in flash mode.
    15) It might say ‘flex error - phone subsidy – locked’ when u start the phone
    16) Click on connect phone in flash mode.
    17) It should say RPhone found and then further go and unlock it.
    1 Insert other service providers sim card and try if it can be used.
    19) If it asks for a subsidy passcode…try to unlock it again.

Steps to downgrade from R365 to R364

Hi Monica, you are great. Thank you for your perfect step by step downgrade solution. The only problem for me, I couldn't get a connection to the gizmoserver for download the R364 file. I tried without any success three days at different times day or night. Please could you post another download link for a similar R364 file with a german language pack ?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by fastgrufty
    Hi Monica, you are great. Thank you for your perfect step by step downgrade solution. The only problem for me, I couldn't get a connection to the gizmoserver for download the R364 file. I tried without any success three days at different times day or night. Please could you post another download link for a similar R364 file with a german language pack ?
    Thanks in advance.
    Go here and click on index files will take you to gizmo sserver, we have combine it to this site so gismo will no longer work
    http://motoaide.com:8081/download.htm.
    Step one thru six was just test to see if we install PST correctly and it functional by doing a enabled java uploader fuction.
    So you can just go right to step six if you areadly enabled your java uploader.
    Have fun

hey guys im lucky enough to already have r364 on the phone i want to unlock. where do i get ‘Mot_unlocker.exe’ ?

Thanks

motorola v188

hi folks
    i just bought a motorola v188 in the states,now i came back to italy and i tried to put a different chip inside and it says contact your service provider
    When i bought it they told me that i would be able to use the phone where ever,does anybody know how to unblock it?
    thanks

Hi, Im trying to unlock a v220 but windows will only let me install 1 driver.. So i choose out of the 5 or so drivers that there are and none of them seem to work. p2kman gives me "not connected".. using xp pro sp2, any solutions here? appreciate any help

motorola v188

Quote Originally Posted by megrine
    this software has been tested by me and many others so please before you make any comments, test it than talk
    if you are worried that something might happens to your phone,do not use it
    this software will unlock the phones listed above ,there's a possibility that it will not unlock some of the v80s
    it will not unlock v300 v600 v525..
    you need: usb cable, p2k, phone and a pc plus the software
    after you unzip or unrar and install everything,
    put your phone in flash mode. (phone is powerd off)push *+#+red key..
    connect your phone to the pc.....and voila it's unlocked
    ps: this software might not support all phones, if it happens you might need to downgrade your phone...
    for p2k download http://anton.tbg.ru/files/p2kman.zip ]
    regards and many thanks to the creator of this software

hi i just bought a motorola v188,i read the post above and i followed the istructions everything seemed okay,but when i put a different sim card in it askes me to contact my service provider.Do you have any suggestions???
    thanks

Hi people , can you help me in some thing , i fallow all steps that you guys post to unlock my motorola phone , but when i finish of entering the pin number i put ok , and then the phone show some kind of error i dont know , its some like this "Contact Service Provider" , can anyone knows how i can pass this and use the other provider card on my phone ?!

if anyone knows , plz help , thanks

p.s. sorry my bad english lol

Motorola v180 unlocked

Thanks to Megrine for great instruction, and thanks to the programmer who did a wonderful job. I unlock my Moto v180 and the phone is working so good in Asia right now.

thank you all.

i saw in this topic much people saying that they have the same problem that i hav , that "famous" (lol) -> "Contact Service Provider" and its incredible that i see all people helping others with there questions , ok fine and all people that ask for this problem dont have a answer why ?! , no one knows how to resolve this problem?! dammet :S

if anyone knows how resolve this problem plz help us.. thank you..

bye

help wit moto v 180

I followed all instructions to unlock my moto v 180, first i downgraded mi firmware to r 364, then i tried to unclok it with the software and it appeard:

RFone found
    Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming
    Done

But ist still lock, please anyone help me, i need to use the phone!!!

Many thank!!

Quote Originally Posted by daniel-r
    I followed all instructions to unlock my moto v 180, first i downgraded mi firmware to r 364, then i tried to unclok it with the software and it appeard:

RFone found
    Connected SUCKesfully, performing cumming
    Done

But ist still lock, please anyone help me, i need to use the phone!!!

Many thank!!
    Master reset and then try to unlock it onmore time make sure all pin set to default. Battery fully charged

help with unlock moto v 180

I dont understand, how is master reset? I have another question, what program can make a copy of my firmware?

how is all pin set to default?

Many thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daniel-r
    I dont understand, how is master reset? I have another question, what program can make a copy of my firmware?

how is all pin set to default?

Many thanks!!!
    menu-->setting-- master reset.
    If you use any pin to lock you fone or application of fone you need to go back and set it to default 1234

Can't find 364 image

Thanks a bunch for the steps. I couldn't find the r364 image. Link from the Motoaide to flash times out.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_Fool
    Go here and click on index files will take you to gizmo sserver, we have combine it to this site so gismo will no longer work
    http://motoaide.com:8081/download.htm.
    Step one thru six was just test to see if we install PST correctly and it functional by doing a enabled java uploader fuction.
    So you can just go right to step six if you areadly enabled your java uploader.
    Have fun

Try again now it should work

link not working

hi, the link for the v180 image file is not working. is there any alt link? i need this emergency. thanks

Flash Mode..how?

this software has been tested by me and many others so please before you make any comments, test it than talk
    this software will unlock the phones listed above ,there's a possibility that it will not unlock some of the v80s
    ps: this software might not support all phones, if it happens you might need to downgrade your phone...

Hi, Please let me know how to change to Flash mode. Do I need to have sim card in ?..Should I do this when power is on?..I am confused, tried all combinations. I tried * # power-on buttons in sequence when phone is off, but it did not start in Flash mode.

thanks
    Kash
    Last edited by kalinga74; 15-06-2005 at 12:32 AM.

To enter flash mode:

(Phone off)

Press: * # (power on) at the same time.

Some letters should apperar in the display over a black wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Trephas
    To enter flash mode:

(Phone off)

Press: * # (power on) at the same time.

Some letters should apperar in the display over a black wallpaper.
    Thanks, I am able to enter into Flash mode now.
    This time, after I connect the phone to PC thru USB in flash mode and run Chfaken.exe. However it did not do anything, just a blank window opened as shown in the attachment.

My phone is V180.

Please let me know.

thanks
    Kash
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kalinga74
    Thanks, I am able to enter into Flash mode now.
    This time, after I connect the phone to PC thru USB in flash mode and run Chfaken.exe. However it did not do anything, just a blank window opened as shown in the attachment.

My phone is V180.

Please let me know.

thanks
    Kash
    forgot to mention, I am unable to download p2kman. the link in first of the thread is dead.

Hello,

Can somebody please send/upload me p2kman.zip file, cannot find anywhere on the the net. tired.

thanks
    Kash

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylavah
    ive got a v180 with t-mobile and the unlocking program says it works, but it asks for a subsidy password. please help.

I also tried to unlock AT&T phone, the program said successful, however when I use t-mobile sim card, it asks for subsidy code.

Please help.

thanks
    Kash

Quote Originally Posted by tbm
    I have the same problem here with a c385.
    All looks like it is done. But it still asks for the subsidy pass
    I have same problem with V180, any luck??. were you able to do anything to get past this?.

please let me know.

thanks
    kash
    Last edited by kalinga74; 15-06-2005 at 09:04 PM.

I used the file that is available on the net to unlock the v180. It seemed to unlocked my phone, however, my inside lcd doesnt work anymore.

I can t see any text or anything on the screen, just messed up screen. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I've flashed the phone with the V220 flash file as I couldnt get a v180 file after searching for 8 hours. I thought its the same. But it did not fix the problem. Everythig is still working fine except the lcd.

Anybody got any idea how to fix this? Or can somebody copy their v180 eeprom file with victor gsm software? This file is .seem format. Thank you

about ur mt v180

hi there. yes I do have the flash files for v180 specificially. the reason ur screen was messed was the inturreps requess mismatch and diffrent memmory addresses. I can provide u he flash files but mind well all good things come at some c0st. contact me in private at mmmishra@gmail.com only.

Exclamation trying to unlock a V220

Hi,
    for some reason I can not get the file P2kman.zip...
    can anyone send me the file to my email?
    Thanks
    ADGuajar

hi: I tried several times over last week. gizmo server doesn't respond

I tried several times over last week. gizmo server link from motoaid doesn't respond to download version 364 flash.
    Can someone please help with any other locations for that image?

Thanks in advance!

Try again now it should work

Quote Originally Posted by kollim
    I tried several times over last week. gizmo server link from motoaid doesn't respond to download version 364 flash.

Thanks in advance!
    Try it again sometime , sorry we are in the process of getting a better PCserver !!!
    http://mototaide.com:8081/

Thanks in advance!
    Hi kollim, try this link: http://www.coscarella.com.ar/comunidad/VXXX/

Thanks for the help, I should have mentioned that I need V180 image, not V220. Any help on 180 image?

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by fastgrufty

Thanks. Will do so. BTW, motoaide itself is very accessible. just the links to gizmoserver for flash download are down.

Try it again sometime , sorry we are in the process of getting a better PCserver !!!
    http://mototaide.com:8081/

Thanks. Will do so. BTW, motoaide itself is very accessible. just the links to gizmoserver for flash download are down.
    Any one have luck getting the Flash Files for V180 ? I been trying for a while...
    Thanks
    Last edited by reconnox; 22-06-2005 at 03:17 AM.

R365_G_0B.D2.28R - v180

i noticed people with 365 were having problems with this unlocking prg...has anyone with this version got their phone unlocked with no problems? (yes i know i can downgrade firmware)

also any way to see if your phone is unlocked without using another carriers' sim card?

Thanks mate

Just unlocked my v220 with no probs

thanks again

Regards Andy

Thumbs up unlock/security code maybe....

motoroloa c650

I followed instructions and it did say successful, but when i restarted the phone it says "Enter Unlock Code"

I was pushing some buttons and it took me to "Enter Security Code," which I found out that it was the menu key (above the nav. key). Then I entered "000000" and it worked. You can say "no" to personalizing it so that it doesn't only recognize your sim only (I think). Any how, it still ask for code if I turn it on/off.

Someone verify this.

help! im in uk and need an r365 flash for the orange network. i flashed it to an american flash and it says "handle error" when i try to unlock it. so i want to put it back. anyone got an r365 flash for orange uk network please please help!

cheers

D

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information