Thread: 6600... cable? box? which?

Talking 6600... cable? box? which?

I would like to flash upgrade my 6600 and also unlock/debrand it. I have seen conflicting reports as to how this is done, including the DCT4 flashing thread in this forum. There was one person who mentioned they were able to do it with a cable, but did not provide proof of this. My Sony Ericsson t610 was easy. I just purchased a lpt dongle/usb cable and used software to unlock it and flash upgrade it.
    The 6600 seems to be a more complicated matter.

Do I definately need a box to do it?

Can I get away with a cable & software? If so, which one?

If I need the box, obviously this is too expensive a proposition to just flash one phone.
    In that case, how would I approach a Nokia service center to do all of this for me?
    Is there anyone in London that owns one of these magic boxes that can do it for me inexpensively?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated
    Last edited by c_martini; 11-03-2005 at 04:05 PM.

I am able to flash and unlock your nokia 6600 for you. You would have to post the phone to me as im not in London if you wanted me to do it. £15 plus postage back to you would cover it. If your interested contact me at. I have msn messenger too if you want to add me.

Chris.

Talking

Thanks for the offer Chris,
    I was able to have the 6600 reflashed and unlocked locally here. I have now upgraded to a 6630 now anyhow. As it turns out, this phone will also need a flash upgrade as there are problems with its early firmware version. I had to disable the 3G capabilities as the handover between GSM and G3 radios was problematic and drained the battery too quickly. Its a great phone, but crap firmware. I will also need to debrand this from Vodafone as they have disabled a few convenience features on the phone such as mp3 ringtones. It is only a few weeks old, so I imagine any decent Nokia Service Centre can do this for me.

old thread but worth pointing out that a Nokia Service Centre wont flash your phone with anything other than the original branding that it was sold with... ie Vodafone, T-Mobile or Orange... not under warranty that is... correct me if i am wrong!

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

Never used a Nokia Service Centre... but since there are max 15 providers per country, it would be probable that a NSC will flash the phone with the original provider firmware, of course, with an updated version of it.

Best regards
    Edge

Thread Information