Thread: How to unlock 2600 tracfone prepaid setting?

How to unlock 2600 tracfone prepaid setting?

I bought a prepaid tracfone but it doesn't allow me to use other SIM card. it has 01/01/2001 0.0 units on the main screen. Is there any way to unlock the prepaid setting? Thanks in advance.

well thanks to mr. Subway, the settings seems to be:

network code: 31099901

GEN 32836

asic 2

Go to the unlock codes section, download the nokiafree standalone calc, I think latest version is 3.10 or 3.20.

Install it, go to options, check "expert mode" and enter those setting manually.

Of the seven codes that you will get, try seventh JUST ONCE, and please post results!

Best regards
    Edge

Thanks for the info, EdgeCrusher. I tried. It said the phone was not restricted after i entered the code.

I never used tracfone's SIM card on this phone. I'm using a fido SIM card. It still has the airtime thing which restrict me from dialing out (i tried to dial-in and the phone did ring). When I dial out, it has a message "Airtime tank is empty" and when I turn on the phone, it said "Airtime Card due on 01/01/2001". Don't know how I can get rid of this prepaid setting.....

subway999, how did you turn the prepaid off?

in mine, i go to the prepaid menu, it gives me:
    1 Code entry mode
    2 IMEI number
    3 SIM serial number
    4 Phone number
    5 Airtime info
    6 Airtime disp.
    7 Redeem airtime

I tried pressing Select for Redeem airtime (with my Fido SIM in), it said "Not available". Phone number also has blank content as well.

^I'm in the same boat, have you found the solution yet?

I am having the exact same problem on my Nokia 1100 (Trakfone). Does anyone know how to fix this yet? The phone is unlocked and accpets my network but i cannot make or recive calls.

Maybe a full flash would work... but I'm not sure. I've said that before as possibility but noone reported results.

Bets regards
    Edge

I tend to agree with Edgecrusher about flashing the phone

In the US there selling the tracfone 1100 for $20 which includes the phone and the BLC5 battery not bad when the battery cost $30! plus you get a free wall charger

PS I was given the network code by FatBoymal

what all do you need for a full flash? such as equipment. im interested in flashing my 1100, and possibly getting a few more of them

as I know

As I know of it is not posible to turn any "prepayed" settings on in the phone software so it isn't posible to call or sms. Therefore if it is a service that the provider is providing a flash can't do it. The setting that do so you can't call or sms is a setting on the network.

Have you tryed to unlock the phone and insert another simcard from another provider?

\dylf

yeah, it keeps deducting from the airtank with any SIM when the phone is unlocked

Thread Information