Hi every1. Im on orange in the UK. I have line 2 with my contract. Recently i have been having some trouble with the phone and so called orange cust services and we came to the conclusion it was a software problem and i was told to go to the local nokia shop to get it upgraded to latest software. I went and did this and when i got it back i couldnt access my line 2 (holding the hash key or via the menu). the software has been upgraded to version 5.5 from the original software. I find it hard to believe that the newer software doesnt support line 2 (ALS). Been on the phone to orange complaining that its not working and they basically have said theres nothing they can do. That in itself is annoying especially considering how much i spend with them monthly. I was just wondering if anyone on here knew how to do it because the nokia workshop sure don't. Im told ALS needs activating, ive tried by using logomanager but everytime it connects to my phone via infrared (i dont have a cable) the phone restarts. Does anyone on here know what else i can try, i can even send my phone to you to do if anyone would be so kind. Please let me know, its driving me crazy!!