Thread: "Calls not allowed!" on Nokia 6600

Question "Calls not allowed!" on Nokia 6600

Hi there - thanks for taking the time to help out. I have read the rules on posting, and have looked through the FAQ, and performed a search on the forums, but I'm still a bit stuck.

My 6600 got broken the other day and a friend has given me his to use. We are both on O2-UK and both have the same contract to boot.

I popped my SIM in his phone, turned it on and all was well until I tried to call him and it said Calls not allowed!.

I used the C+*+[Call] method to format the phone, and it formatted OK.

Still the same problem when I tried to call a number again.

Any idea why this might be? I don't have a Bluetooth dongle, and I don't have a data cable (I'd prefer not to buy one if possible), as I just transfer photos etc using a card reader in my PC.

Thanks very much indeed,

Chris Thorn

...any chance ur sim card got damaged while ur phone broke?...
    ...try it in a 3rd phone and tell me if it works...

...did the phone work for ur friend ...

Unfortunately I don't have a third phone available to test with just yet. It's possible that the SIM has been damaged slightly. I have also had the same SIM for a couple of years and it has been swapped between phones a few times in the past.

I emailed O2 about the problem and they asked me to get my friend to test his SIM card in his old 6600. If it works, O2 said they'd send me a replacement SIM. They said there were no restrictions on my SIM card.

I'll post back with the outcome after the weekend, when I will be able to test the SIM/phone combinations.

Thanks for the reply,

Chris

phone locked..?

Hello

I had that same problem longer time ago - it was in my case due to a locked phone. It took the SIM and logged in to the network, even received calls - yet could not dial out ("Calls not allowed", same error message). I had the phone unlocked at a stall in MBK and then it worked fine.

Kind regards....

Thanh

Thanks for the info. I don't reckon the phone is locked, though, as I'm pretty certain other SIMs have been used in it before.

O2 have ordered me a new SIM card which I need to activate when I get it, so I'll post back in about a week's time with the result.

Regards,

Chris

Thread Information