Thread: Use 92XX as a modem for laptop

Use 92XX as a modem for laptop

Is that possible? Have anyone try? I just want to dial into my regular ISP to go into internet for my laptop.
    Please help
    BR

Yes it does I used my 9210 with a vodafone sim to dial up to AOL on the laptop over IR and I think i did it with the cable as well.

How did you do it? When you plug into the laptop how it recognize the phone as a modem? could you show me step by step.
    thanks

On the 9210 disc that came with the phone is the modem setup or a INI file which when installed will do all the work for you.
    What ISP are you going to use? as I said I use AOL which is so easy to set up as it just finds the phone after I had installed, just config what port the IR was on and away I went, bit slow but OK for checking e-mails.

So to help I need a bit more info as to what ISP you are using, also you might need to phone them up to get the dial-up number as it may be diffrent to the mormal 56k number.

Yeah! I use it as a Fax modem (9210) with my laptop as well. It can be use through Infra Red and cable as well. as long as you install the modem driver.

Thread Information