Thread: Contact service problem

Contact service problem

I have flashed Nokia 3120 after checking MCU and PPm files carefully(atleast i think so) and there was no problem during flasing and phone displayed the "Insert sim card " message after completion. However when i inserted the Sim, phone displayed "Contact service" message. I repeated the process three four times and also changed the software version without any sucess.
    Any help highly appriciable.

depending on what you use to flash you could run "Self Tests" that will tell you the cause of Contact Service... JAF and Phoenix Black Box allow this, the most common causes of this are Corrupt Sim Locks (Unlock Phone), Flash Checksum Error (Reflash) or PPM Vaildaty Check (Reflash). Please make sure you have used the correct versions of both the MCU and the PPM and if applicable the CNT to, if the versions dont match then you will have problems...

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashrafwani
    I have flashed Nokia 3120 after checking MCU and PPm files carefully(atleast i think so) and there was no problem during flasing and phone displayed the "Insert sim card " message after completion. However when i inserted the Sim, phone displayed "Contact service" message. I repeated the process three four times and also changed the software version without any sucess.
    Any help highly appriciable.
    thank you for kind reply,
    wel iam using ufs-3 Tornado and have checked the MCU and PPM carefully.plus also intialsed locks .

do a factory reset using the ufs box this can sometimes remedy the contact services error after flashing

Have done,factory defaults,ui defaults reset user locks, intialise sim lock
    .but same problem

Angry

these contact service problems are a major headache for me... I used to work on 6310i's that had contact service problems, Almost all of them needed a new Mjolner (RF IC) which is a pain... you might never find out whats wrong with your phone unless you take it to a shop that uses JAF or Phoenix Black Box!!!

G

I HATE Contact Service's!!!

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

Quote Originally Posted by electrophoretic
    these contact service problems are a major headache for me... I used to work on 6310i's that had contact service problems, Almost all of them needed a new Mjolner (RF IC) which is a pain... you might never find out whats wrong with your phone unless you take it to a shop that uses JAF or Phoenix Black Box!!!

G

I HATE Contact Service's!!!

Thank you once again

of course MCU and PPM must have same version.But is it necessary to match MCU and PPM with CNT , how to find appropriate CNT, i think i was msissing this step

i dont know if your phone uses a CNT file but if it does then am pretty sure you need to match it up... if your having a problem getting matched files let me know and i will try to mail you a software package...

G

Yes Nokia 3129 does need CNT file. The problem is there are so may files pertaining to diffrent service providers , so trick is to choice one which will match with my MCU and PPM.

hi have you tried to do eraes flash if you did not try to do so
    and watch out about the defrens betueen 3100 & 3120 vergin nomper
    it happened to me and i solved it by eraes flash using tornado flasher ...

Quote Originally Posted by THESADSAINT`
    hi have you tried to do eraes flash if you did not try to do so
    and watch out about the defrens betueen 3100 & 3120 vergin nomper
    it happened to me and i solved it by eraes flash using tornado flasher ...

Thank for your reply
    so u r suggeting that i should erase first and then flash, is it ??
    plus i sshould understand differnce between the file versions of Nokia 3120 and 3100.

With my Tornado, "Initializing Lock" has always fixed the contact provider message. I agree with the above posts saying to erase the flash, then reflash it from scratch

problem

Did everything but , even swaped flashers but problem is still there.

OK... the way i handle these is to hook the phone up to either Phoenix Black Box, Twister Phoenix or JAF... I run the self tests and find out EXACTLY what self test is failing... then i repair or scrap, whether it needs a new RF IC or reflashed, whatever...

i recommend you do this as your only stabbing in the dark, you dont know what is wrong so theres no point in trying to effect a repair untill you determine the exact fault!!

G

ok

i wil try the same and report back

Thread Information