Thread: Nokia 6230 Flashing Problem.

Nokia 6230 Flashing Problem.

Hi. I have a previously water damaged nokia 6230. I have cleaned the board thoroughly and have reflowed all major IC's using flux. When trying to flash the phone i get the error shown in the pic. Anyone got any ideas whats up? I guess a chip is faulty or sumthing.
    Cheers. Chris.
    Attached Images Attached Images

right, one of your flash ICs is dead... water damage on the 6230 is very bad news, usually the loudspeaker goes which can almost always be fixed by reflowing the audio amp, just as common is the backlights dying, which CANT be fixed without a new white led driver!! and still common again is killing flash ICs or TIKU(CPU?) i think its TIKU... replace flash ICs and reflash... no bother...

G

ps, oh and if you have reflowed the UEM then i am afraid its good night for your phone... because the UEM is underfilled you MUST NOT try and reflow it or you will certainly kill it!!!
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

Ok thanx mate. Looks like its bye bye to the phone then cos i reflowed UEM with flux. I will never do that again hehehe.

What does the underfill do exactly? Corrupt the chip? Im guessing its a defence against people changing UEMs between phones to unblock/ unbarr them.

Chris.

yeah the under fill is a form of glue that prevents people from changing UEMs to change IMEIs and unblock barred handsets... some models have non underfilled UEMs but phones like the old 6310i have both the UPP and the UEM underfilled making it very hard to rework the phone!! its not actually all that bad cos you know that your never going to have water damage under them as they are sealed up with the underfill!!!

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

How to reflow

How can i reflow the audio amp as my phone (Nokia 6230i) has been water damaged? Plus everything else works apart from the sound when I play songs and when I switch on the phone it gives out sounds of crackling!!

How much would it cost for the fix if I im unable to fix it??

Thread Information