ok, this is the problem,

i have my laptop, cell phone (v180), cable, installed mobile phone tools so the laptop can recognize the phone as an external usb modem, laptop has an internal modem, but what if i am on the road? there is when the cell phone comes to be a very useful tool, mobile phone tools lets you create a GPRS internet connection but, of course, that will cost some money since it is using the cell phone provider GPRS service. then i thought that since the phone is recognized as an external usb modem, it might be able to communicate with a dial-up service just like any other internal or external conventional modem. everything seems to be alright, laptop can communicate with modem (actually the phone, u know) but when i try to connect to my dial-up service provider, i got this error message saying that the remote computer didn't answer, on the screen of the phone you can see that says "calling ......... " but then inmediatly it disconnects, now if i dial the same number but with the phone not being plugged to the laptop the remote computer answers and give me the weird sound, you know, like a fax machine, and i stay on the phone for a few seconds, so apparently it's working good but, why the laptop can't establish the connection and keep it like that??

ideas of what i am doing wrong?? any help will be really appreciated, thank you