Thread: code error

code error

I typed a code on my locked nokia 6680 phone (#pw+1234567890+2#) and it sad "code error". does this means that I've hard locked it? I hope not . I read in this forum that when you hard lock it, it sas "not allowed"....
    Last edited by smg_gman; 26-01-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Well the internals (eg., the internal flash structure) of BB5 phones is not well known still. Anyways, BB5 phones only have three tries, not 5 like the majority of models. Anyways, assuming that Nokia has kept the same message structure, your statement should be correct and the phone is still not hardlocked, or the code is wrong.

Nokia phones, even after the number of tries have been used, keep displaying 'code error' until a correct code is entered, and then display 'not allowed'. It could be either that the phone is still ok to unlock via codes, or the code is wrong.

The safest way is to know how many times have you tried. More than three, the phone is lost. Less than three, the code is wrong.

I hope this explains a little.

Best regards
    Edge

well ... I understood what you sad, and it makes sense. I only wrote a code only once... so ... I hope nobody else tried this... this meaning I still have 2 more tries...
    anyway... I just hope that someone will release the solution to unlocking bb5 phones... there out for like a year now... how much more time will it take?

What is for sure is that the code you have is wrong, unless you think you could have made a mistake when typing it. If the code did not came from your provider, I would not trust it.

There is no date of course, but -unfortunately-I would not count with a solution at short term.

Best regards
    Edge

Thread Information