Thread: 6680 camera application problem

6680 camera application problem

I have got this sick sick problem on my new nokia 6680 ... the camera application crashes very frequently....crash in the sense, just the words camera appear on top of the screen and the thing just does not work....i can press "Red button" and use all the other features of the phone except the camera...once the camera app crashes, the phone doesnt respond to the slider nor it responds to any click on "camera"...
    IF i use taskspy and kill(close doesnt work) the crashed camera app, the cam starts working.....but still in few mins it crashes again..
    and yes about formatting, i have formatted my phone at least 10 times, by both *#7370# and "green * 3" methods....no effect......
    i suspected a mmc prob, so i changed my mmc to 512 mb dvrs.....and the prob still exists...

heres my symbian ver : (v 4.04.07 22-08-05)

I cant take it to the service centre as i have bought my phone in sharjah, hence out here in riyadh, theyre charging me quite high for flashing the phone.

is there any way to solve this problem other than service centre option (thats the obvious final solution)....?

take it to a nokia centre and it SHOULD be done under warranty... if its still under warranty... best option!!

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

warranty void outside sharjah

yes its definitely under warranty....just bought it 20 days back.....but the sharjah warranty is not valid in Riyadh....the guy in nokia himself told me....i just need to know whether any1 else has had this problem...if yes wat did he do?....wats the solution other than going to nokia care..

Thread Information