Thread: ETI Camcorder 2 on my 6680...Review

ETI Camcorder 2 on my 6680...Review

After searching the net again n again for the full version symbian 8 version of ETI camcorder 2....i finally managed to get one....I really liked it in the beginning....the videos were not bad at all...I mean u shud just see the features given by many sites : Converts ur 6680 to N90 functionality.....take smooth crystal clear videos of high resolution......blah blah blah..

After experimenting a lot of the program (changing the .ini files) etc....I have confirmed that this program is a real piece of SHIT!.......It never...i repeat.. NEVER takes a proper video....either the final clip is too fast or too slow...or the sound breaks like shit....and abt the the so called N-series resolution (352x28 videos (available in custom1 and custom2 profiles).......well...the framerate is abt 6 at such resolution....or less.....and its a pain watching such videos.....the sound cracks awfully... and lol....a framerate of 6 is like playing NFS most wanted on high on ur inbuilt Intel graphics....

Then i told myself...ok glenn...ure expecting too much of ur phone...n-series is n-series and 6680 is 6680.....so i decided to switch to the best possible profile (supposed to give maximum quality)...the editing profile...the resultant videos were of 160x120 resolution...huge in size (1.5 mb for 25 secs) but pretty decent...but again the framerate was not proper.....sum frames were getting skipped...the frames used to just blur out for a second......the quality of the clip is good....but the framerate makes it a pain to watch...Would u like a see a walking person walking or running??!!

dont dare use the Phone profile or PC profile....they are disgusting.....

and yes, about the viewing part....the videos just dont play in any player except the internal (wich sucks...no full screen mode)...and smart movie (my phone restarts everytime after a watching an ETI clip in smartmovie)..

the sound of a clip taken in ETI is real bad...real real bad...very breaky...i shall not comment on it....

Now for the conclusion part....ETI camcorder is one real sucky camcorder for the 6680....(the internal one is much better..ill tell how to make it better below).....not at all worth buying.....the framerate is disgusting...the audio is awful...

Some tips for ETI camcorder fellows who still like it.....change the buffer size in the .ini profile files....increasing leads to slight increase in framerate....decreasing the quality no. actually increases the quality of the video....dont increase the buffer size too much...over 200-300 k...ur phone might crash..

and now abt how and why i found my inbuilt camcorder excellent.....Firstly the video made by inbuilt camcorder can be played full screen....no problems....no need of smart movie......secondly..framerate is constant....and proper...frames dont skip and videos are normal...

if u play those 3gp videos on pc using nokia's player...they look awful if the screen size is increased....all blocky.....but then try out XILIsoft's Video converter or 3gp converter....convert ur 3gp movie to .avi or .avi(divx)....most of the blockiness disappears....u can even view those videos full screen....though slightly (only slightly) lower quality compared to ETI (but still quite clear)..but then who gives a damn if the framerate is proper...frames arent skipped and the audio is million times better with no breaks....u can even try nero recode wich has a deblocking effect on videos...and the added advantage is that....6680 takes videos at 176 x 144....better than 160 x 120 of ETI...

i guess thats it from me...enough of ruining ETI's image.....any comments on this review are most welcome.....

Cool

well i just got one tip to alot of people that want a really nice camcorder to hell with eti camcorder 2 get a nokia n-series it can record in very good quality!

Thread Information