Thread: any obvious reasons why my 3230 won't accept a generic flash?

any obvious reasons why my 3230 won't accept a generic flash?

i sent my phone off this week to get the horrific orange branding removed but today i got a call from the guys doing the flashing to say that the firmware update failed. is this a common problem? they said they would continue to try and find a solution.
    Just my luck after putting up with oranges bastardisation for months that this should happen!

Never done a 3230 myself but flash file easily available and I have the cable so couldn't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

How experienced are the guys doing it?

well they said they have direct access to nokias server to get the latest files and the recomendations on the website seemed convincing.
    www. mobilephonerepairs. co. uk/
    Last edited by Rich_Enduro; 10-03-2006 at 10:15 PM.

ahhhh...Turn on your mobile..

I can only speak from my own history with this company. I once tried to get a SE P800 speaker from them. They sent me 4 wrong speakers and ended up getting my money back.

I'm not sure but i thought only Nokia service centres had access to Nokia servers. Easy to get the flash files but well.....my own experiences meant i wouldn't use them again.

Do you have the ability to flash files at all?

cheers adampeake
    no i don't have any flashing stuff myself (from what i can tell, its bloody expensive!) i explained to them that my local repair shop is having trouble getting the 3230 file as the one from his regular download area was corrupt and it was after i mentioned this that 'Turn on your mobile' said they can get the file direct?

Just looked at my file server and this is the latest 3230 file on there:

RM-51_dp_v_39.0_mcusw4.0537.0.exe

Looks to be 4.0537.0

The flashing boxes can be picked up now for sub £100 prices so if you repair or reflash a few phones you can soon make that back.

Hope you get the phone back soon. Keep me info'd so i can get a second opinion about the shop.

Thanks

Adam

I've spoken to them today and they are sending the phone back to me. they said that they couldn't even get the flashing kit to recognise my phone was connected! i asked what flashing box they are using (eg. griffin) and he said hes using GFS (well i think thats what he said) he said its what nokia and 99% of engineers use?
    i have found the file myself now (at sos-gsm) so i hope that my local bebrander can use this one once i get the phone back.

ok... i have made my mind up about this lot now... it would seem they are a bunch of novices and liars... not wanting to upset anyone but i am only going by what i am hearing about them!

UFS (thats what he probably said) is used by a lot of people but NOT Nokia, They use Phoenix which by the way doesnt even let you unlock handsets!

if they cant get your phone to connect to a UFS box then that tells me that either the box they are using is defective or they dont know how to use it... (thats is if your phones not faulty!!)

ONLY Nokia have direct access to the Nokia File Server for flash files and service manuals but some people have access none the less!!

your best bet for a good repair is to get your phone repaired by a Nokia Shop, even if they charge you for it they will have to do a good job since they would get into mega trouble from Nokia if they didnt repair it, or messed you about... check out my Signature for a certified Nokia Service Centre that will flash your phone for £20...

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

Thread Information