Thread: Transfering files from PC to Nokia 6600?

Transfering files from PC to Nokia 6600?

Hi, I have just started playing with my Nokia 6600 by installing application which I successfully did. I installed an emulator EMame. This requires additional files to play the games and these files need to be placed in a directory called C:\MAME\ROMS but by using the Nokia PC Suit software I can't get to or see the C:\MAME directory which is where EMame was installed.

Can someone please tell me how I can place the Rom files in the C:\MAME\ROMS directory of the phones internal memory.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mr_jbloggs; 30-03-2006 at 12:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_jbloggs
    Hi, I have just started playing with my Nokia 6600 by installing application which I successfully did. I installed an emulator EMame. This requires additional files to play the games and these files need to be placed in a directory called C:\MAME\ROMS but by using the Nokia PC Suit software I can't get to or see the C:\MAME directory which is where EMame was installed.

Can someone please tell me how I can place the Rom files in the C:\MAME\ROMS directory of the phones internal memory.

Thanks in advance
    I do not know if this is relevant, but Nokia technical dept., say that the 6600 is the only Nokia unit that will not work with P C Suite using Bluetooth and XP with SP2 installed. If Infra Red is used and 115.? rate of transfer it will work. It is the old SP2 problem again. J.F.

Maybe you can transfer the files to somewhere in the phone and later move them to that folder.

But well... I don't have a 6600 , I have a humble 3120.

Best regards
    Edge

Lightbulb great post.

great post. Thank you. here is some of my thought. lcbtp03003

Thread Information