Thread: Nokia 6280 Firmware?

Nokia 6280 Firmware?

I bought a Nokia 6280 from an eBay auction and was disappointed to discover it's a "three" model with all their links and services built right in (a factory reset doesn't clear).

Not only that but although the seller assured me it was bought in the UK, a lot of the text in the phone and manual is in Japanese - including the built in reference dictionary rendering that feature useless. (The language option makes no difference - is already set to English).

So I was wondering if it's possible to get the original firmware (or whatever's relevant) and replace the entire O/S on the phone back to original Nokia (non-three) spec.

Does anyone know if and/or how this can be done?

You can take it to a Nokia Service Centre and they MAY flash it with the unbranded software. However they may not agree to flash the unbranded firmware if they see three all over it. It will cost you about £20. This should also sort the language issue out

Thanks Dozza - that's definitely an avenue worth exploring.

but if i have the firmware wich cable i can use for upgrade my cell?
    thanks

if you want to upgrade the firmware on a 6280 (which is the model mentioned in this thread) then you need a box to do it... either purchase a flashing box or take your phone to a shop for flashing which is the cheaper option!!!

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

good but i want know if possible the name of the box (phoenix, jaf etc.) thanks

you can use a box called Phoenix Twister which runs official non cracked phoenix... or JAF... or UFS... in fact there are many boxes that support BB5 flashing, my personal favourite is just to use Phoenix for BB5 (safest) and UFS for things like DCT4 etc...

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

many thanks

Thread Information