Thread: BB5 Security Info

BB5 Security Info

Hi Guys...

I have found some interesting info on another forum and I thought I would post it here for you to see... I only want to post it because I dont see anyone talking about it so its new for us here...

ps IF THIS IS YOUR MATERIAL DONT HASSLE ME ABOUT STEALING IT COS IT WAS IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN MAN!!

G
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

this whatchdog is actualy also implemented in almost all DCT4 products. Think that it was made for the dct4 engine. this will not lead you to anything, i think... and again... it is still not the way of making the unlock calculator.

Please PM me the url

\dylf

Maybe the watchdog feature was in DCT4 (never heard of anyone saying so, but I can't say that it wasn't there)... but I don't think it was used. The four variables used to generate an unlock code in DCT4 are completely different from the ones described in that info sheet.

And well... you seem to have the certainty that this doesn't lead to anything, so maybe you know also what does lead to somewhere. Would you enlighten us please?

Best regards
    Edge

@Dylf, I found the info scattered accross two different forums so there is no single URL... how can you be 100% sure that the solution isnt as simple as flashing an unlocked certificate (wherever it is, PM, Flash etc) and disabling the watchdog so that the phone wont shut down due to the modified cert?

i am almost certain that there will be no way of making a calc for BB5 products as the improved security is pretty water tight... just to restore the certificate after changing a Flash IC requires you to submit info to Nokia for a *.RPL file, and i think i read that each network operator uses a different smartcard with a different algo...

no, i think the way forward isnt a calc but a flash patch of some kind...

please contribute more!!

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

i cant tell you if the whatchdog is implemented on the dct4 platform, i just know that it is there. It is the way that the internal nokia is doing it. The request process is used primary to unlock, rebuild emei and some other that I can't renember.

\dylf

Thread Information