Thread: SP codes by imei

SP codes by imei

just some information needed really.

i know you cannot unlock by any software or hardware method yet other than the Service provider.

now if i for instance had a N70 etc (BB5) locked to O2 for instance, but worked for one of the other networks like vodafone, orange, etc.

would i not be able to calculate the same codes from the imei?

or if the tool for the master NUC was web/intranet based would there be any java or script that could be run to calculate the other network codes.

thinking of any way possible at the moment. majority of my calls nowadays are for the new bb5 range. "can you unlock" >>> "NO.. Nobody other than provider can... " is becomming a bit bleh now..

i think its done like this...

you call SP for a code...
    the SP takes your details (IMEI Etc)
    they then go and use HARDWARE and software to calc your code (Hardware includes SX-5 SmartCard)
    then they mail you the code...

the algo used is stored in the card, or at least some important info is...
    so each network has one SX-5 and can ONLY calc codes for their network!!

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

not for my employer

for the operator i work for this is not the case. we only enter imei into intranet based site and all information is then provided back to us.

NUC and instructions on how to unlock.

surely from calculated codes would be possible to find out algorithm, i know this would take a while but saves waiting for the box to be released. ..

or as it is only a "Enter imei:" ................ SUBMIT option on the intranet site. would there not be anything that could be used to get the algorithm or change the SP box code by running a script on the intranet site. ??

At my local Vodafone shop I gave them the IMEI and he typed it into the PC in the showroom, gave a code back and it worked straight away. Obviously it was locked to Vodafone however (before we get loads of questions!).

I didn't get the code and it took less than 20 secs to return the code. I wonder if it was generated or just taken off a database of pre-generated codes?

Adam

even if you only type in an IMEI it can be used to find out everything about the phone... like product code and the network its locked to, this can all be retrieved from Nokia's database for example... so there is no way to tell from this what info is used in the ALGO...

also, on your intranet based system, the only thing that happens is that the website passes data (IMEI) to a script or function or something on the server, then the code is passed out of that to your intranet, so there is no way of finding the algo there either...

all you have to do now is wait for the Dejan Unlock Box, and hack it, release a clone and Dejan will release his solution for free... so all will be happy...

G

G
    Searching is the act of trying to find something or someone...

One may search for something that is known to exist, with the intent to locate it...

If You Post IMEI's or Code Request then READ THIS!!

Thread Information