Thread: Nokia 6021 Blacklisted?

Nokia 6021 Blacklisted?

Hey,

Everytime I try to make a phonecall, or try to recieve phonecalls with my Nokia 6021, I get a dutch message (I live in Belgium, Proximus is my provider) that for security reasons I cannot call. The strage thing is, that I can both send and recieve text messages! Everything works fine, exept for calling people....

Now I was thinking, maybe this phone is blacklisted because I got it from a friend. Well i called customer service and they said it wasnt because I can still send messages. So what the heck is the problem? Maybe somebody here can help me unblocking this annoying feature.

It might also be the call barring service I figured....but why would anyone put a code on their phone from stopping it from recieving calls and making them? Doesnt fit my puzzle. So I tried to ''cancel all barrings'' I need a code. Figured.
    How does one find a four digit code that has been changed by a complete random person? (my friend found it in a bar)

Feels like I'm in som puzzle I can't solve and maybe u ppl can help me!

Ch33rz!

Sounds to me like its been barred. In the UK, some providers dont allow the phone to register on a network at all and some allow it on the network but wont allow calling. It is possible that your network has barred the phone from making calls but cant bar sms messages

Yeah, it would seem the ex-owner of the phone activated the call barring service!
    But this service depends on SIM, so if you put another SIM, you should be able to call!

@ CompufixUK, is this story true? I mean, the providers can recognize a certain phone model from IMEI and impeed the owner to call?
    Why?
    Or maybe, this only happens if you put a SIM that you can use only in a phone it has been sold with in another phone?
    I'm Winston Wolf, I solve problems

Mr Wolf:
    Each time you insert a SIM in a phone it will transmit the phones IMEI to the network when the phone accesses that network. If the IMEI transmitted is reported as barred one of two things will happen. On UK Orange or O2 the phone will display "SIM registration failed" or on T-Mobile, Virgin and Vodafone you will hear 3 bleeps when you attempt a call and the call will be dropped. Also in the case of stolen phones, the area the phone is in is recorded by the network.

This is also the case if you make an emergency call from the phone. The IMEI is always transmitted. You can, of course, dial Emergency numbers without a SIM in the phone. As soon as you dial 112 or 999 the phone will log onto any available network purely to make this type of call.

Im not sure about networks outside the UK but I presume the system is similar.
    Last edited by CompufixUK; 16-09-2006 at 03:49 AM.

<Removed...>
    Last edited by NokDoc; 29-10-2006 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Spam

Thread Information