Thread: I can't find my IMEI code for a Nokia 6225 (Sprint)....

Question I can't find my IMEI code for a Nokia 6225 (Sprint)....

I can't find my IMEI code for a Nokia 6225 (Sprint).

It's not inside the battery case, underneath the battery, like it is on my Nokia 6102i (Cingular). It hasn't been scraped off of the label, it's just not there.

Also *#06# simply does NOTHING.

One possible glitch in this is that I don't have the Sprint SIM card that came with this Nokia 6225, and the only SIM card I have is for my Nokia 6102i. Do you have to have the correct SIM installed to get the IMEI with *#06#?

Also does it matter that the SIM from my phone (Nokia 6102i) is from a GSM network (Cingular) and the SIM for the phone I'm trying to unlock (Nokia 6225) would be from a CDMA network?

I'm so confused!

bill evans

Hi Bill

Were talking about two technologies here GSM and CDMA/TDMA

GSM uses SIM cards as the brain of the phone which communicates to your Service Provider about your subscription, if you dont like your deal then you can usually unlock your phone and go elsewhere

CDMA/TDMA is a little bit more complicated, it uses OTA commands sent to your Electronic Serial Number (ESN) to program the phone thru its network, unfortunately only your service provider can provide the relevant information to be able to reprogram your phone to a different compatable network

Hope this Helps

Regards

S

Thread Information