Thread: never buy CHIMERA phone ( in Pakistan )

never buy CHIMERA phone ( in Pakistan )

Ok, i agree, it was the first company that brought in the concept of phone warranty and all... but even then if they were so goood, how could MZ, and United beat 'em! I also used to wonder on that untill recently i bought a Motorola Phone, under CHIMERA warranty.
    Within a few days the phone started to show its defects. I called CHIMERA and asked them about what to do! Should i take the phone directly yo DIMENSION 4 (Authorized Motorola Service Centers), they said NO, bring it to us, we will provide you service, that was strange, cuz usually all big players also direct Motorola users to Dimension-4.
    ANYWAYS, i proceeded, and gave my phone to CHIMERA center, and they without giving me any possible date of return, took it. However after 4-5days when i called their UAN 111-777-900, it wasnt working, i used some other numbers from given warranty card. After 7-8calls, i was able to talk to service center guy, and he said its not ready, after 2 more working days (which he told me) i called and they said its ready...
    WELL when i went there to collect after wasting a big amount of fuel on my car (which aint CNG) the fone had the same prob as before, screen jammed, resetting by itself...bla bla..
    Ppl there didnt accepted that.. they pressed on that its Perfect..finally one of the took it back and promised to replace with a NEW SET!!! WOW.. lucrative.. here the real part begins..

When i went back 2 days later, they gave a set .. which had a totally DIFFERENT IMEI no. on the back sticker!...
    and when i checked with *#06#, number was different, so means 3 IMEIs now..
    one on BODY sticker, one INSIDE, on on warranty card..
    They siimply cut the warranty card no. and wrote the one on BODY with BALL POINT on warranty card. When i stressed on issuing a new Card with updated no. they simply said NO.. WE DONT DO THAT!!!! i said it'd ruin the re-sale value of the phone, and they simply responded by saying that its "NOT OUR PROBLEM"...

lol..now.. wat do u think!!!

it doesnt stop here, cuz the NEW BOARD (which they changed) had a deep scratch on LCD (MY FONE WAS NEWWW!) and the body had tons of DUST in different corners n earphone jack etc..

I showed them the scratch on LCD, as usual first they said..its not a big one..lol..bt then i argued that mine was new so i cant accept this, they told me to wait one more day, and they'd change LCD.

NEXT DAY.. i went, BODY was again changed, lol.. (wow dust n scratches gone) bt LCD/Board was same.. lol.. DUH! AGAIN my petrol worth 150Rs wasted!

Returned it back...

process goes on..

compare this to another fone i bought under UNITED's warranty, Motorola, Had a fault in navigation button, gave 'em, they directed me to Dimension4, they made me an OBF case, and same day, UNITED gave me a NEW BOXED SET!... however, the warranty card of this NEW SET was one month old, to which they issued me a newly printed Warranty CARD!!!

MORAL OF THE STORY:
    NEVER, EVER, EVER Buy any Mobile set under CHIMERA warranty. SIMPLE, cuz GOD FORBID, if u encounter a problem with that set, things can get even worse then what i wrote!!! trust me!!!

NEVER BUY CHIMERA mobile, even if price is a bit lower. THEY SUCK

also, spread the word to those whom you care about
    Last edited by djX; 15-11-2006 at 11:55 AM.

Thread Information