Thread: 3210 with network problem then reset.

3210 with network problem then reset.

I received from a friend a 3210 (V 05.01 - 26-11-99 - NSE-8/9) which has mainly some difficulties to find the network. I have myself a 3210 too (same version) and I compared them in the same conditions.

I first put the battery charging for all night.
    In the morning, I started the phone with my card inside, it could slowly find the network, then I could call two times without problem. So, i tried to call again, it lost the network, found again, I recalled , then it stopped completely (off) while ringing.

After exam i could notice personaly that after having entered the sim code, the time to find the network is around 10 seconds, then, the bars displaying the strengh of the signal is always fluctuating (from 1 bar, then 2, 3, 2, 1, O, 1, 2, etc...) and never stabilize, then after around 1 minute it stop completely like a battery low down (despite the battery is full charged). So, it's needed to start it again for the same reactions over and over. In the same conditions my own phone with the same battery and same sim card find the network immediately and signal is stabilized at 2 bars.

Notice i can everytime start that phone without problem and it accept sim code.

My friend said it sometimes displays 'contact service' (what i could see when he manipulated the phone) when restart after problem but i personaly not experimented this.

I guess it's more a hardware problem (but i'm not experimented, I only unlocked 2 phones) than a data problem...

Do someone experimented the same problem ? Do you think it could be solved by software ?... or is it due to the hardware and nothing ca be done ?

I only have a m2bus cable...

Thank you for help.

PS : I unlocked that phone almost one year ago using Eeprom Tools and the phone worked very good until these last two weeks. I guess the previous unlocking is not concerned with the problem...

try re-flash

hi mate
    try to re-flash the fone with a newer flash ,faid ,etc and also there is a contact area under the ariel clean that up then see wot happens it could also be the area you live in you said the sig is stable on 2 bars with your other fone? experiment with soft before you condem it to hardware.
    hope this helps
    boldi

=== you don't have to old to be bold===

Thank you for your answer...
    I tried to find a flash file for this version without success a few month ago...

Maybe i can try to do a full flash saving from my own 3210 (same version) and upload it in that phone ? Can i use Knok 95 to do it ?

I have only a m2bus cable so, i guess to flash, i need a Flasher cable ?

Can i find somewhere a tutorial about which processes i must follow to do all operations correctly ? After having flashed, what i have to do exactly ?

Thank you again.

Hi xyz112,

not all hardware problems are difficult to solve in fact the most common one I come across is hair shorting contacts! try taking the unit apart & cleaning it out with a clean dry short bristled paint brush. Clean contacts with isopropyl alcohol & carefully re-assemble (you will need a T6 screwdriver) but it isn't difficult.

Good luck & best regards.

Thread Information