Hey,

I'm a new member to nFree and I joined because I have a few questions. I apologize if I've missed some forum threads or broke some rules. Okay, so basically I've been thinking about getting in to the business of modifying / flashing / unlocking / retrieving data from new and old mobile phones alike.

Problem is, I've scoured the internet time and time again but the problem is all I find is a series of poorly created / organised sites where all I see is link after link in minute fonts and forum after forum where people just argue about the legality of unlocking a phone!

I'm sure there's valuable information in all of it, but I can't make sense of it all! I'm fairly well educated in general electronics but I get a bit lost in reverse engineering.

What I'm assuming I'll need is basically boxes, cables and software to access predominantly Nokia and Motorola phones. Later on, expanding in to Samsung, Panasonic, Sony Ericsson etc. I've checked things like NFLASH and Cheap DCT4 Flasher and GRIFFIN Box, but I don't know exactly what I'll need.

I'm afraid of spending a wad of cash and realizing that I just bought something that does half the job when I could've bought something that did the whole job for a bit more. Like, I don't know if Griffin Box can flash DCT3 phones.

So if possible, can anyone out there give me a general run-down of what software, hardware and and advice I'll need for pretty much any DCT3 or DCT4 Nokia and Motorola phones. Weblinks to websites and forum threads would be appreciated as well, since I can't seem to navigate around them. And of course, being business minded - I'd like to operate at as lowest cost possible.

Thanks!
Matthew.