Thread: Chance to Work with Nokia and Make a Difference to Society

Thumbs up Chance to Work with Nokia and Make a Difference to Society

Hi all

Was just thinking, can we make some difference to the society in general with our mobile application development skills? After all, the now ubiquitous mobile is used by every body from the ultra rich to ordinary laborer in developing countries.

And if we can somehow develop an application which can solve some of the problems that the poor face across the world, it will be the greatest contribution by mobile technology to mankind.

Of course despite all my good intentions I could perhaps never get around to developing such an idea into a workable application on my own. But now, I guess I must give it a shot along with a few friends.

Nokia has launched a contest for mobile application developers. Amongst the three categories where entries are invited, one category is for pioneering applications and services impacting the daily lives of millions in developing nations.

The winner in all the categories will get his/her application distributed by Nokia for free and get a cash prize of USD 25,000 plus a trip to Mobile World Congress 2009 in Barcelona.

I feel this is one is a boon for people like me who keep waiting for opportunities to push us to exceed ourselves. Here is a chance to work with Nokia and do something real good for the society. Let’s give it a try.

In case you guys want to know more, complete details are available at callingallinnovators.com

ohh thats cool info.

Thread Information